Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex upgrade question

tag
drboxing
Established Contributor

Amex upgrade question

Anyone start with an AMEX credit card like gold Delta skymiles then attempt to get 1 of there charge cards such as Green, Gold or Platinum? Just want to know how long you waited to apply and if you were successful. My ultimate goal is to get a AMEX Green charge card and that's it. Would appreciate any info

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
JGGM
Frequent Contributor

Re: Amex upgrade question

I did that a little while back. Was instantly approved for AmEx Delta, and then immediately applied for and was approved for green charge card. 

Current Score 7-1-21: TU: 812 EX: 805 EQ: 839
Goal Score:ACHIEVED - 800 Across the Board
In My Wallet: Cap1 QS - PenFed Power Cash Rewards - PenFed Promise - AmEx Delta Platinum - DISCO - NFCU Cash Rewards - Chase Sapphire Preferred

Message 2 of 7
JustBPatient
Established Contributor

Same day apps.  Have you looked at PRG instead of Green??  Good luck!!

Amex Gold =Amex ED 20k = Amex BCP 14k = Amex SPG Lux 2k = Arrival 2k = Ring 14k = BOA 321 30k = BOA BBR 10k = CSR 25k = Freedom 10k = Citi Simplicity 9k = Citi DC 5k = Citi DP 3k = DCVR IT 16k = DCVR IT(2) 10k = CAP1 QS 15k = NFCU CR24k/AE25k/CLOC 15k = BBVA 14k = Wells Plat. 5k = (2) US Bank Cash+ 13k, 18k = PenFed 17k

FICO scores TU 764 EX 739 EQ 745
Message 3 of 7
drboxing
Established Contributor

I applied for green 2 months ago and was denied. Applied for the Delta Gold this past Saturday and was approved for $1000

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Did both on the same day and was approved.
Message 5 of 7
Gregory1776
Valued Contributor

6-23 app for BCP, approved 2,000.

First AmEx account and "Real cc.

7-4 app for PRG approved.

I think its easier to get a charge card since your paying it every month. I thought id get denied until AmEx saw some history with BCP. Im happy and not applying for anything for a while. Got to age some inquires off my report and get some chase cards. 😀

Message 6 of 7
drboxing
Established Contributor

Thanks Maybe I'll try again in about 6 months, build history with the Delta Gold

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.