cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

App'd and Approved for 2 new cards

tag
irvinfitness

App'd and Approved for 2 new cards

I was previously an AU on a Discover card, but that relationship disappeard in a bit of a surprise...

So I decided to go ahead and app for the IT card especially with the Holiday season and 5% online shopping. While I was at it, I needed a card with no foreign transaction fee and went with the Chase IHG Rewards card (Formerly Priority Club). It has no annual fee for the first year, followed by $49 there after, but you get an annual free night certificate that can be used at any of the hotels/resorts, which is worth way more than $49 and it had an 80,000 point sign up bonus, which is worth about $500. 

The results were pretty good! 

Discover IT - $9k

Chase IHG Rewards - $22k

I do have a Chase Freedom at $6k, so I may ask to transfer some of the IHG Rewards limit over to my Freedom card, but I'm not too worried about it for now. 

I should be set for awhile at this point. This past year I added 4 new CC accounts and a new auto loan, so everything needs to age for a bit and then I'll be ready to refinance my mortgage or move into a new home...Haven't decided which route to go yet. 

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
ptilda
Established Contributor

Re: App'd and Approved for 2 new cards

nice! Congrats. I'll be there some day!

My Wallet:Fidelity Amex $1K, DCU $3.9K, US Bank AeroMexico $300, Quicksilver $1.3K, Cap1 secured MC $750, DiscoverIT $200, Care Credit $5K, Sportsman Guide Visa $3K, Kay $3K, Jared $3K,American Airlines CC $3K, Amazon $2.9k, Walmart $2.2k, Macy's $800 revolving/$5k furniture, Comenity retail cards $5.55kStarting Score: 618Current Score: 711
Message 2 of 7
alvon123
Super Contributor

great job!!

Message 3 of 7
irvinfitness

Thanks! 

Very fortunately, I've started things off right with my credit and didn't fall into a hole to work out of in the beginning. I can only imagine the added challenges that would present. Of course, I'm still young at 25 and life is going to throw all kinds of challenges at me, but for now things do seem to be going well for the most part and I'm setting myself up to be prepared for emergencies down the road if necessary. 

Credit is a funny thing... If you don't take care of it, you end up paying a lot more for things than you have to. I've seen it mentioned a few times on these boards, but it still amazes me that this stuff isn't taught in high school. 

Message 4 of 7
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

WOW! Some great limits! Congrats! Thanks for sharing.

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 5 of 7
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

Congrats ! ..wow Discover at 9K starting limit is true love Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 7
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.