cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple Card Approval ! (37th Application)

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Apple Card Approval ! (37th Application)

Hey FicoFam!

I wanted to drop in and share one last approval before I hit the garden!

I am pleased to announce: after 37 attempts Goldman Sachs finally showed me some love!

Interesting enough , I recieved an email from GS earlier this week saying I was incorrectly declined on March 26th due to a "system Issue", and asked me to reapply. They had no problem denying me again on April 12th? Weird but ill take it lol. 

I applied around 9pm and instead of the usual denial language , I was asked to upload my ID . The app then went to "review", about 10 minutes later a notification from apple wallet said to check out my Apple Card offer, $500 @ 21.99%. Needless to say I accepted without hesitation, not the best limit or rate, but this has been my goal card ever since it was released. It seems like it can grow with some good usage, and im excited to finally have a bank issued CC (vs credit union issued).

My Data Points:

Transunion : 718

income : 72,000

DTI : %25

5 inq

BK7 discharged January 2018, no other negative items.

*Chex was also frozen but I can see they tried requesting it. 

I am going to hit the garden and grow what I have, no other cards on my radar ATM.

Hope you all have a great day !

IMG_0834 2.jpgIMG_0907.jpg

Message 1 of 34
33 REPLIES 33
4sallypat
Valued Contributor

Re: Apple Card Approval ! (37th time is the charm)

Congrats!

Message 2 of 34
Ficoproblems247
Valued Contributor

Re: Apple Card Approval ! (37th time is the charm)

Your persistence paid off! I'm glad you finally were able to obtain a goal card, that's always such a great feeling. Congrats on your approval, and thanks for sharing your DPs! 

FICO 8 Sep '23 EX 755 EQ 765 TU 739
TCL $199,800
Message 3 of 34
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Re: Apple Card Approval ! (37th Application)

Congratulations on your approval!
Message 4 of 34
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Congratulations on your Apple approval!

Message 5 of 34
Velar_nyc19
New Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Hey FicoFam!

I wanted to drop in and share one last approval before I hit the garden!

I am pleased to announce: after 37 attempts Goldman Sachs finally showed me some love!

Interesting enough , I recieved an email from GS earlier this week saying I was incorrectly declined on March 26th due to a "system Issue", and asked me to reapply. They had no problem denying me again on April 12th? Weird but ill take it lol. 

I applied around 9pm and instead of the usual denial language , I was asked to upload my ID . The app then went to "review", about 10 minutes later a notification from apple wallet said to check out my Apple Card offer, $500 @ 21.99%. Needless to say I accepted without hesitation, not the best limit or rate, but this has been my goal card ever since it was released. It seems like it can grow with some good usage, and im excited to finally have a bank issued CC (vs credit union issued).

My Data Points:

Transunion : 718

income : 72,000

DTI : %25

5 inq

BK7 discharged January 2018, no other negative items.

*Chex was also frozen but I can see they tried requesting it. 

I am going to hit the garden and grow what I have, no other cards on my radar ATM.

Hope you all have a great day !

IMG_0834 2.jpgIMG_0907.jpg

I too got the same email issue notification after I received an offer and accepted it. They even tried to pull my TU report after I accepted the offer, i think the next day but it was frozen so no pull from them. 

Message 6 of 34
CreditAggie
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Congratulations on your Apple Card approval!

Use the card and you won't be at that $500 SL for long. 

Current Cards (in order of approval):

Current FICO 8 | 9 (April 2024):  
Credit Age:  
Inquiries (6/12/24):  
Banks & CUs:

Message 7 of 34
tbque
Valued Contributor

Congrats on finally getting approved for the Apple Card!

Message 8 of 34
chalupaman
Super Contributor

They still won't approve me for this and I've tried so many times. This gives me hope. Their excuse now is that I already applied and yada yada and don't give me the usual denial reasons now. Congrats! 

Tradelines: Macy’s - $18k, Penfed Power Cash Rewards - $10k, Ethan Allen (TD Bank) - $5.7k, Kay Jewelers - $5.5k, Appliances Connection - $5.3k, Jared - $5.25k, Best Buy (Citi) - $5k, Dell Preferred Account - $3.5k, Samsung - $3.2k, Firestone CFNA - $3.2k, Capital One Platinum - $3k, Mercury MC - $2.25k, Williams Sonoma - $2.1k, Wayfair (Fortiva) - $2k, Amazon Store Card - $1.8k, Apple Card - $1.7k, NFCU cashRewards - $1.5k, CareCredit - $1.5k, B&H Photo - $1.5k, Adorama - $1.25k, Ebay MC - $1k, Sam’s Club MC - $1k, American Eagle - $1k, Ollo MC - $600, Mission Lane Visa - $500, NY & Company - $500, Walgreens - $500, Home Depot - $500, Target RED Card - $500, CapOne Secured MC 0 AF - $500, Penfed Overdraft LOC - $500

Current FICOS: Mid 640s-50s on all reports, Ch 7 BK D/C Aug 2019
Starting scores: EX - 534, EQ - 574, TU - 516 | Total TLs: $91k approx | Total Utilization: 17%, getting this back down
Message 9 of 34
coreyb80
Super Contributor

Congrats on the approval!

Message 10 of 34
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.