Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple Card on a Soft Pull?

tag
followgreatness
Contributor

Apple Card on a Soft Pull?

Applied for the Apple Card about a week ago. Seamless process but it seems like I did not get a HP. 

Initially, I did the pre-approval for the card and let it lingered on my phone for about a week while I made a decision. When I finally decide to accept the offer, I unlocked my TU report, accepted and locked it again. The card was in my wallet ready for use but noticed an email about one hour later stating that GS tried to pull my TU report but it was locked. Waited a couple of days and don't think they ever got the report. But I got the card in my wallet and the titanium card in the mail. 

I guess there is a possibility HP will show up sometime in the next two weeks. But as of right now, nothing. 

As anyone ever had a similar experience? 

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Re: Apple Card on a Soft Pull?

Congratulations on your approval!
Message 2 of 13
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

Congrats !

>3/2016 EX 644 CK-TU 642 CK-EQ 660 WalMart- 671.
>8/2024 All 3 reports 835ish (F8) F9s = 850 but my app finger is still twitching
Message 3 of 13
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Congrats!

Message 4 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

I’d expect a HP to show up

Congratulations!
Message 5 of 13
tpdtopcop
Regular Contributor

How did Goldman SP from TU if your file ease frozen?
Current Scores

Message 6 of 13
followgreatness
Contributor

@tpdtopcop - they SP a week ago when I first completed application process. It’s a SP until you get to accept or deny your offer for everyone. My understanding was that they HP you only when you accept.
Message 7 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes. It’s a soft pull until you hit accept your offer. Then it’s a HP.

I’d expect a HP at some point in near future
Message 8 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

No worries. Same thing happened with me back in August. Never got the HP, never got any flak from GS about it. I am not in the habit of leaving my reports thawed longer than I have to. If I see an approval screen, I see no point in leaving reports thawed any longer. 

Message 9 of 13
Marz2002
Senior Contributor

CONGRATS  on your Apple Card approval and Welcome to the Apple Card family!!

AMEX BCP $8K | AMEX Cash Magnet $15K | Citi DoubleCash WEMC $15.2K | Citi Rewards WMC $15.5K | Citi Costco VS $12K
Citi Custom Cash WEMC $7.8K | Synchrony (PayPal Credit $6K, Care Credit $15K, & PayPal 2% MC $10K, VENMO VS $6.5K)
PNC Cash Rewards VS $10.5K | NFCU cashRewards VS $14K | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $37.5K | NFCU Flagship Rewards VS $23K
Discover IT $22.5K | BB&T Cash Rewards $4.5K | Macy's AMEX $25K | Bloomingdales AMEX $20K | Apple Card WEMC $9K
PenFed Power Cash Rewards VS $7.5K

Total CL - $284K+
Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.