Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple Rewards Approved

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Apple Rewards Approved

barclays recently approved me for a Rewards.... So i decided to apply for the Apple Rewards and was approved for 2k.

I have a question though, I read somewhere on here that i could transfer that CL to my other Barclays account. Both are 2k. is this true? is there a waiting period before i can transfer that limit to my other Barclays account? Is this a smart thing to do? I am a Apple person but i already have a Mac and Iphone so dont see any other Apple purchases in the near future BUT you never know.

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Apple Rewards Approved

Congrats on the approval! But...I'm wondering why you got it if you just want to transfer the credit limit over to another card? IMO, the Apple card only seems worth it for the special financing on Apple products. Barclays is tough to get in with as well, so I'd be picky about which cards I got through them.

Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

You can usually move all but $500 over to the card.

Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

As of now only thing I see I might get is the Apple Watch for my son. So other than that I don't see me spending too much money with Apple but I should just leave it.
Message 4 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

You can always call them down the road and see if they will put the 0% financing back on and it seems like they usually will, if you need the financing of course.

Message 5 of 11
My_Fako
Established Contributor

Congrats.. 

Why did you app for it,  if you weren't planning on using the special financing (Apple)? 

Just wondering.  We're you just try to increase your rewards limit? 

Amex PRG NPSL I Chase Marriott $10k I Venture $15.3k I Amex BCE $10K I PNC 13K I Chase IHG $8.6k l Amazon $6k l Chase Hyatt 20k l US Bank Cash+ $13K I Barclays $12.6k I Venture $13k l Discover it $4.6k l Express Next $3.1k l Amex EverDay $15K l Cabelas 1k I Wayfair $17.1k I Walmart $8k l SG $9.8k l Target $3.6K I PP 2K l AU Shell Gas $900 opened in 1974 l Ex 704 Tu 698 Eq 667

Anything worth fighting for is worth fighting dirty for.
Message 6 of 11
jrrsmith18
Contributor

You can move the entire limit over to the rewards card. I did the same thing about 6 months ago, got the rewards card and got the apple card back to back was going to get a new MacBook, ended up not getting the Mac so had them close that account and move all its limit to the rewards card. Still shows up on credit reports tho that it was only opened for a month.
Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on the approval !!

Message 8 of 11
xautodetail
Regular Contributor

wowww you inspired i have approved for rewards card, i used apple product is all i have i apply WOW 2K APPROVED thank men 

Message 9 of 11
KSK1912
Valued Contributor

I jus talked to them today because i am in the same situation as you are. Got a $1500 Rewards card and a $2K Apple card both 7 months old. I am doing the same thing. I will close Rewards card and move the limit to Apple card. I just called them and asked them today and the CSR said i could certainly do it provided that one of the account is at 0 balance. Why do i want to do this? Barclays is very conservative in general with cli's. I did run $10K thru my Rewards card which has $1500 limit in less than 3 months, and about $13K on apple card which has only $2K limit and paid it off all before statement. Than kept using them but just not as heavy. Come 6 months, no auto cli, 7 months, no auto cli. No apr reductions, nothing. So i will close one card, move the limit to the other, and have one $3500 card instead of 2 cards. Put a $10 monthly charge on it and throw it in the sock drawer. It will help raise the avarage limit on my cards, and i get to keep the 7 months on time payment history for 10 more years. You can do the same, as far as the time frame, i dont think there is any limit but i would at least keep them both open for a few months before i do the CL transfer. This way it does not start reporting as "Closed Account" to the credit bureaus. You can even wait for 6 months and get a cli on both cards and then combine them for a bigger limit. There is no annual fee, so if you are approved make the best out of it.

6/14/15: Equifax 576 Experian 542 Transunion 571
8/17/15: Equifax 626 Experian 619 Transunion 622
9/28/15: Equifax 655 Experian 636 Transunion 641
11/11/15: Equifax 698 Experian 687 Transunion 672
Short Term Goal Score: 720 Across the board

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Are you free Tuesday..?
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.