Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Approved for Capital One Venture One and Citi Double Cash Same day

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Approved for Capital One Venture One and Citi Double Cash Same day

I'm pretty new to credit, oldest credit card just reached two year anniversary this past month. So I was surprised to see when I was accepted for both the Venture One and Double Cash on the same day (Online Applications). I have been rejected for both in the past (Venture) October 2017 and (Citi) Aug 2018 (Resons for denial, short history). I'll try and lay everything out there for someone in similar credit shape as me thinking of getting any of these cards has more info.

My accounts by age and credit limit.

Chase Amazon CL $2000 Dec 2016, Amex Blue Cash Everyday $2500 Jul 2017, Chase Auto Loan $22500 down to $16500 Nov 2017, Chase Freedom Unlimited $6700 Apr 2018

New Accounts: Capital One VO $7000, Citi DC $5300

Resulted in 1 HP for Transunion and 2HP for Equifax. Not sure about Experian yet.

AAoA 1Year 4Months, Oldest Account 2Years, Salary $60,000, Utilization 8%, Payment History 100%

Vantage Score 3.0: Transunion 759, Equifax 753

FICO Score 8: Experian 765

I was doing a lot of research before this, looking up the odds for my approval. Was suggested that I wait until my oldest account was at least 3 years old before applying as they don't tend to issue credit to people new to credit (to the cards I applied for) but I decided to bite the bullet and it paid off. Let me know if this information helped you or if I left a factor out and your results if you decide to apply.

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Approved for Capital One Venture One and Citi Double Cash Same day

Congrats on both of your approvals! 

Message 2 of 12
Priory_Man
Valued Contributor

Appreciate the post, I am sure this will help out someone who is looking to make a similar move.
Congrats on the approvals for both cards.

"Total revolving credit $286,000 Current UTIL >1%"
Message 3 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

You landed two really good credit cards.

Message 4 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you, I'm surprised i got them but even more surprised of the Citi Double Cash limit. I read everywhere that if I get it I should expect a CL limit of $1000 or even as low as $500.

Message 5 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

That’s amazing! I’m around the same situation, could you let me know how many inquiries you have on the bureaus? I have zero on my TU and maybe 3 on my other two so I’m hoping to test my luck in the next two months. Congratulations on the new approvals!
Message 6 of 12
Cred4All
Valued Contributor

Congrats on the approvals!

Message 7 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on the approvals. That's awesome.
Message 8 of 12
19eighty5
Senior Contributor

Congratulations on both approvals!

FICO 8 (Feb 2018):EX- 519, TU- 530, EQ- 545
FICO 8 (Sept 2022):EX- 706, TU- 685, EQ- 684
What's in my wallet:

Message 9 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had 1 inquiry already for Transunion and 5 for Equifax. Not sure about Experian, it was my best score at 765 so I imagine it didn't show too many.
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.