cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Astonished! SP Sportsmanguide Visa Approved!

tag
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

Astonished! SP Sportsmanguide Visa Approved!

Over a span going back a decade this card account proved elusive entirely. Others seem had easy success with it via the pop up but i never once seen one for it in all those years. So anyway even if it matters, i recently scrubbed (2) bucketed Cap One toy limit cards (closed at consumer request) since no way does it make sense to sit low balled for who knows how many more years waiting against expectations that can't be realized with them. I waited until they moved on the credit reports over to the CLOSED column and then proceeded to examine potential options better suited. I used to have Cabella's card and since i'm in an avid solid farm rural setting, a reliable sports store card made sense as a possible alternative. Tried for Rural King last year with the RS credit union tie in but it was a no go. So much for that.

Knowing already that this SG store carries vast camping products and various sportsman equipment of quality etc. i selected some items to ready things for this summer's outings such as new tents etc.

As i was checking out my selections, not a pop up per say, took over the check out screen focus, but it was a static (not even a banner), a box appeared with wording of You Are Preapproved For Buyer's Club Visa. I casually dismissed it. (thinking no way this is real). Then as more info was entered it returned again. This time i proceeded and went for it. Since Comenity already has my over 10 years of history/usage/data everything was prefilled for me.

To sum things up this turned out a very valid approval with a $1000 Temp line. No show of approved total limit, then i called in and was told the approved Sportsmanguide Visa line is assigned at $4500. Suits me. And also easily overtook the (2) Cap One cards i just got rid of (Kohls & QS) for a new gain of $2900 TL in their place. And a fantastic card + store which will be of much use regularly compared to C1 for sure.

I'm posting this only today because the VISA card is already reporting on ALL 3 reports and i had to be 100% certain first since i didn't in my wildest imagination expect this by a long shot. Tried for years before but SGV was that proverbial elusive duck which i had all but given up on without applying directly.

Pretty good for only a SP and it has now been a full week. Yes i am Astonished on this one.

images.jpg

Message 1 of 30
29 REPLIES 29
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Re: Astonished! SP Sportsmanguide Visa Approved!

Congratulations on your approval! Thank you for sharing the data points.

Message 2 of 30
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

@AllZero wrote:
Congratulations on your approval!

Thanks @AllZero 

Message 3 of 30
Demented1
Established Contributor

Congrats @CreditMagic7 on your SG Visa approval…enjoy the card and the added spending power! Smiley Wink

Message 4 of 30
newfossil
Valued Contributor

Congratulations!

Starting score - May 2018

April 2021

AAoA - 1 year 6 months
Message 5 of 30
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

@Demented1 wrote:

Congrats @CreditMagic7 on your SG Visa approval…enjoy the card and the added spending power! Smiley Wink

I appreciate that @Demented1 Thank You

Message 6 of 30
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

@newfossil wrote:

Congratulations!

Thanks @newfossil 

Message 7 of 30
Credit4Growth
Senior Contributor

🎇 🧨 Congratulations on the SP approval 

... bye bye-bye Cap One toy limits!

Message 8 of 30
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Well grats on finally getting the card!

Message 9 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your sports approval!

Message 10 of 30
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.