Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BBVA/Compass ClearPoints - I caved under the not-so-immense pressure

tag
pinkandgrey
Senior Contributor

BBVA/Compass ClearPoints - I caved under the not-so-immense pressure

So The BBVA Compass ClearPoints really is the FOTM card I guess. I got a prequal mailer several days ago but just applied today. Honestly I wasn’t even nervous considering all the recent approvals. I mean has ANYONE been declined for this card? 

Anyway, approved for 4k, 19.49% after 13 month 0% promo. Not a great limit but I’ll probably use the card only for 3% on gas. Plus I always PIF.

DPs:

all scores in the low 700s—they did pull EX

put 35k as income

10 inqs on EX (yikes yikes yikes)

Alright, have your laughs, AJC lol 

Sigh. I’m a small person.

Discover It: 21.5k
Amex Cash Magnet: 18k
Fidelity Visa: 16.5k
Apple Card: 4.25k
31 REPLIES 31
rbentley
Established Contributor

Re: I caved under the not-so-immense pressure

The fact that it is geographically limited to only residents of Alabama, Arizona, California, Colorado, Florida, New Mexico and Texas keeps it from being on my menu.

Congrats on your approval.  I am sure it will make a fine addition to you spend.

Message 2 of 32
pinkandgrey
Senior Contributor

@rbentley wrote:

The fact that it is geographically limited to only residents of Alabama, Arizona, California, Colorado, Florida, New Mexico and Texas keeps it from being on my menu.

Congrats on your approval.  I am sure it will make a fine addition to you spend.

Thanks! I don’t think it’s geographically limited though. Some FEATURES are limited, such as the callback thing. I think you can call them to apply. You never know. 

Message 3 of 32
Jnbmom
Credit Mentor

Congrats I did kinda the same thing with them as well. Happy I applied 

EXP 780 EQ 791TU 795
Message 4 of 32
Gmood1
Super Contributor

Congrats P&G. If this is a flavor of the month. It's the longest month I've seen!😂
BBVA has been aggressive at trying to bring in new customer. I get hammered with the 35k personal loan pre-approvals. They've called me several times asking if I want the loan.
BBVA is like here TAKE THIS MONEY!!😂😂

Message 5 of 32
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

@pinkandgrey wrote:

So The BBVA Compass ClearPoints really is the FOTM card I guess. I got a prequal mailer several days ago but just applied today. Honestly I wasn’t even nervous considering all the recent approvals. I mean has ANYONE been declined for this card? 

Anyway, approved for 4k, 19.49% after 13 month 0% promo. Not a great limit but I’ll probably use the card only for 3% on gas. Plus I always PIF.

DPs:

all scores in the low 700s—they did pull EX

put 35k as income

10 inqs on EX (yikes yikes yikes)

Alright, have your laughs, AJC lol 

Sigh. I’m a small person.

😁 Hey, any one that know me knows i like small womenSmiley Wink Big congrats. Not getting approved would be worse when you are trying that new fllavorSmiley Happy Just add another bank to the list i cant get hahaSmiley Happy

Message 6 of 32
pinkandgrey
Senior Contributor

Thanks!  I’ve been getting those loan ones too! I actually got one at the same time as my card mailer. Lol the last one said I was preapproved for 50k. Yeah, you really didn’t look at my file very closely, did you, BBVA? 

Message 7 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations!

I think it’s hilarious how this train keeps going! Smiley Happy

And yeah they’re not geo restricted if you get a mailer. Smiley Very Happy

Message 8 of 32
pinkandgrey
Senior Contributor

Now I just hope I get that pretty blue “honeycomb-looking” card lol. On the website, the ClearPoints has a new picture that isn’t as attractive...

You never know, AJC, you might be able to get in with this one. There seems to be no record of denials anywhere for this card. You could call them up..... 

Message 9 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

@pinkandgrey wrote:

Now I just hope I get that pretty blue “honeycomb-looking” card lol. On the website, the ClearPoints has a new picture that isn’t as attractive...

You never know, AJC, you might be able to get in with this one. There seems to be no record of denials anywhere for this card. You could call them up..... 

The design of the card is nice... but the big fat PLATINUM underneath the VISA logo ruins it. Smiley Sad

59C9A9D4-09CC-4EF0-B81D-64714E880147.jpeg

Message 10 of 32
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.