cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BBVA NBA AMEX - Megathread. Post your approvals!

tag
NycGirl41
Contributor

Re: BBVA NBA AMEX - Megathread. Post your approvals!

Does anyone know how long it takes for BBVA to report a new account to CRAs?

Starting Score (May 2014): 580 TU | 574 EQ | 572 EX
Current Score (April 2015): 673 TU | 650 EQ | 664 EX

Message 171 of 265
cem13
Established Contributor

@NycGirl41 wrote:

I received my card 16APR and used it a few times.  It has not reported as yet.

FICO 08 JUL23: TU 850; EQ 846; EX 843. Clean since BK7 D/C 6/2011.
Message 172 of 265
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

@Applied on the 19th, instant approval $8500 @ 11.24% APR. Never received the welcome email for some reason. I received the cash advance pin in the mail on Friday the 24th and the card plus welcome letter just yesterday. 

They pulled Experian with a score of 747.

Card activated just fine. Haven't used it yet.

One thing to note. It doesn't appear that you can access the account through the online.bbvacompass.com site. You have to access it through the credit.compassbank.com site. Also the android app is only for checking, savings and their other credit cards. You cannot use the android app to access your account for this card. The CSR I talked to stated that this is because its a new product and its possible they are working on a seperate app or make it part of the oneline.bbvacompass.com site. He offered to ask someone if they are working on it, but I figured if/when they do make something available they will probably email account holders.  

Actually, I am able to access both the online banking portal (which includes all BBVA banking relationship products - including the BBVA NBA AMEX) as well as the credit card site separately.  You have to talk to the right individual to create each profile individually.  Additionally, I am able to view this particular BBVA card via the Android app (once your online banking profile is set up and vetted).  So, whomever you spoke with was likely not all that familiar with it or misinformed you.  As an illustration (for science of course) see both below:

BBVA Card Site.jpg        BBVA Online Portal.jpg

Message 173 of 265
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@NycGirl41 wrote:

No clue as of yet.  It's possible once the 1st statement generates.  Mine was approved on 4/8 and hasn't shown up yet.  I'm sure in a couple weeks or so it might.

Message 174 of 265
SisterGirl
Established Contributor

@FinStar wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Applied on the 19th, instant approval $8500 @ 11.24% APR. Never received the welcome email for some reason. I received the cash advance pin in the mail on Friday the 24th and the card plus welcome letter just yesterday. 

One thing to note. It doesn't appear that you can access the account through the online.bbvacompass.com site. You have to access it through the credit.compassbank.com site. Also the android app is only for checking, savings and their other credit cards. You cannot use the android app to access your account for this card. The CSR I talked to stated that this is because its a new product and its possible they are working on a seperate app or make it part of the oneline.bbvacompass.com site. He offered to ask someone if they are working on it, but I figured if/when they do make something available they will probably email account holders.  

Actually, I am able to access both the online banking portal (which includes all BBVA banking relationship products - including the BBVA NBA AMEX) as well as the credit card site separately.  You have to talk to the right individual to create each profile individually.  Additionally, I am able to view this particular BBVA card via the Android app (once your online banking profile is set up and vetted).  So, whomever you spoke with was likely not all that familiar with it or misinformed you.  As an illustration (for science of course) see both below:

BBVA Card Site.jpg        BBVA Online Portal.jpg

Thank you for sharing this VERY helpful information ! 

SisterGirl
Message 175 of 265
Anonymous
Not applicable

@FinStar wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Actually, I am able to access both the online banking portal (which includes all BBVA banking relationship products - including the BBVA NBA AMEX) as well as the credit card site separately.  You have to talk to the right individual to create each profile individually.  Additionally, I am able to view this particular BBVA card via the Android app (once your online banking profile is set up and vetted).  So, whomever you spoke with was likely not all that familiar with it or misinformed you.

I was able to set up my account on the credit site. The online banking portal requires a 16 digit card number & a pin. I called & asked how to set up an account & was given the answer above. I called the online banking number. Do you recall which number you used or which department? Thanks for the info. 

Message 176 of 265
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for posting this; have been unable to pay balance from BBVA website with my PNC bank account which was really frustrating me. Signed up on the compass account and now have zero issues.

Message 177 of 265
Anonymous
Not applicable

I linked my account on line yesterday at bbvacompasss.com/creditonline, and linked my checking account and had no problems. I didn't try to pay yet as I only made two purchases totaling $126 and figure I'll let that report.

Have any of you guys used the customer checks yet to do a BT? If so how did that go? I see I have till June 13th to exercise that option with 0 fees but I have to read the paperwork carefully.

Message 178 of 265
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Actually, I am able to access both the online banking portal (which includes all BBVA banking relationship products - including the BBVA NBA AMEX) as well as the credit card site separately.  You have to talk to the right individual to create each profile individually.  Additionally, I am able to view this particular BBVA card via the Android app (once your online banking profile is set up and vetted).  So, whomever you spoke with was likely not all that familiar with it or misinformed you.

I was able to set up my account on the credit site. The online banking portal requires a 16 digit card number & a pin. I called & asked how to set up an account & was given the answer above. I called the online banking number. Do you recall which number you used or which department? Thanks for the info. 

Believe it or not, it was a CSR that did this for me over the phone the entire time when my card was activated.  He seemed to know what he was doing.  I was on the phone with him for about 35 minutes and set everything up for me.  We did the card portal first (made sure my ID was working including dummy question/answer so he could set up on his end).  Once that was done, he did the online banking one.  He stayed on the phone the entire time, and like Mia25, gave me the whole tutorial on how to navigate through both sites and made sure I could access them both.  So, I assumed everyone would get the same experience (or similar).

He mentioned at one point that he was going to talk to the online banking department to get it synched up (since I was interested in other products) and that's how it ended up being done.

Message 179 of 265
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok. I was able to set up my account at the online.bbvacompass.com site via this link:

https://www.bbvacompass.com/online-banking/activate/

When I activated my card I just got an automated service. Could have been calling after hours. 

Android app works as well. Thanks again for letting me know it does work FinStar!

Message 180 of 265
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.