Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BJs world MasterCard

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

BJs world MasterCard

Been trying to to garden since 10/16. Membership was due and the offer came up. 

Approved 12.5k. 5% on Bjs spend   2% on dining 1% everything else 10cents on f fuel. 25$ off membership.  Works for me. 

Data points. Pulled eq @ 695. EQ immediately dropped to 690 from Iq. 

Ex @716 unaffected. 

Tu @724 unaffected

eq is the  one that seems to change any time I fart. Ex and TU seem to be very stable. 

I shop here  often on the space coast. I have to go to Orlando to go to Costco about 1 hour. Not good.

I have 2 Sams clubs and a sams card that I love ❤️.

Good day. Next app. 2018.  

And and I called. He said I won't know the apr until I get the card. 

Thanks for listening. 

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
pipeguy
Senior Contributor

Re: BJs world MasterCard

Congrats, - its a good card for gas especially at BJ's and their Tire Center is very good if they carry the brands you like (Sams is good on these two points too). APR will be high, probably 25.49% so you must PIF, its Comenity - APR's are typically high. Sams = Sync, Costco = Citi, but all of these are higher APR's at least in my experience (Costco/Citi is the lowest, but I'd still PIF on that one too).

Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@pipeguy wrote:

Congrats, - its a good card for gas especially at BJ's and their Tire Center is very good if they carry the brands you like (Sams is good on these two points too). APR will be high, probably 25.49% so you must PIF, its Comenity - APR's are typically high. Sams = Sync, Costco = Citi, but all of these are higher APR's at least in my experience (Costco/Citi is the lowest, but I'd still PIF on that one too).

I generally do. Thanks pipeguy!

Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@pipeguy wrote:

I just checked, my BJs Mastercard is 15.49%, which is really not that bad (but I PIF anyway).

Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

If it's under 20% I'll be cool with it. I don't carry a balance often.  

Message 5 of 9
pipeguy
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@pipeguy wrote:

I just checked, my BJs Mastercard is 15.49%, which is really not that bad (but I PIF anyway).

That's a great rate from Comenity, our BJ's MC is in the wife's name (I'm an AU) because I won't do business with Comenity, but there is a discount on renewals using the credit card so we have a card. Wife's scores are 788 to 809 with TU being the highest, mine are 767 to 803 with TU being the highest and our rate is 25.49% - go figure. Doesn't matter we always PIF on Sams, BJ's and Costco cards - I save paying over time for 0% promotions like Amazon store card and Blispay. . 

Message 6 of 9
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Congrats on a great sl MBSmiley Happy.
Message 7 of 9
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

Congrats! I was happy to get mine ($17k SL!) but a bit disappointed with the APR. It's either 25.49% or 15.49%, period. The $25 off the membership is great, but I do have a few minor complaints. My 2% rewards membership which became 5% with this card no longer gets rewards unless I use this card. I was enjoying the brief effectively 7% (Chase Freedom) or 12% (doubled Discover it) during category months before I got this. Also, there is no grace period on new purchases when taking advantage of the really nice 0% (1% fee) BTs, so I really have to think twice about using it instead of other cards.
Message 8 of 9
MissMoni223
Senior Contributor

CONGRATS & WELCOME to the BJ's MasterCard family!!!

Gardening Until Further Notice
15 Credit Cards (12 Major Banks & 3 Store Cards)
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.