Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BOA 99/500 approval need help

tag
texasman07
Established Contributor

BOA 99/500 approval need help

Hey guys, I was out with a friend yesterday and he was on the BOA website and got approved for the cash rewards 99/500 secured card. My question is he didn't have his checkbook with him to secure the card, so he close the window browser. Is there a way he can get back to this offer and accept the credit card ?
Message 1 of 43
42 REPLIES 42
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: BOA 99/500 approval need help

@texasman07 wrote:
Hey guys, I was out with a friend yesterday and he was on the BOA website and got approved for the cash rewards 99/500 secured card. My question is he didn't have his checkbook with him to secure the card, so he close the window browser. Is there a way he can get back to this offer and accept the credit card ?

Have your friend call credit card services Monday and see if they can pull up the application.  More than likely it will still be in the system.

Message 2 of 43
texasman07
Established Contributor

He just called and card services said that there's no way for them to pull up a counter offer application. They just said for him to reapply. What a bummer
Message 3 of 43
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Ah, that stinks. Its a shame they just cant use the hard pull just done to see if he qualifies again. If he decides to reapply best of luck to himSmiley Happy
Message 4 of 43
texasman07
Established Contributor

Well maybe the denial letter will have the pre-selected offer .
Message 5 of 43
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

That would be cool. Ive heard thats a great offer to take up because it will lead to better things with Boa!
Message 6 of 43
credit_is_crack
Valued Contributor

You are correct. BoA has a specific process with this. I also got this offer last year and it's aligned with the data points from this site.

You will get the counter offer online AND instead of a denial letter, your friend will get the offer in the mail as well. The form will also have a URL in case they want to go back and complete the process online. They will not get an email offer so have them check the box - it will arrive and Congrats to your friend! It may be a conditional offer, but it's not a denial!

I believe BoA is the only prime Bank that offers this partially secured version so if they do not accept, the only other offers are fully secured (of course unless they opt to apply for a different card at a different bank, they would likely be able to get a fully unsecured card elsewhere if BoA is offering this counter offer. It's selective, they should take advantage of it).
Message 7 of 43
texasman07
Established Contributor

Thanks CreditisCrack! It's so strange he has 700 scores across the board no baddies and 20 % UTL , just lots of new accounts and inq. I will tell him to keep a look out in the mail. We also went to Bofa's website to check the application status and it still says "processing".
Message 8 of 43
credit_is_crack
Valued Contributor

@texasman07 wrote:
Thanks CreditisCrack! It's so strange he has 700 scores across the board no baddies and 20 % UTL , just lots of new accounts and inq. I will tell him to keep a look out in the mail. We also went to Bofa's website to check the application status and it still says "processing".

In addition, BoA actually has an entirely independent Service department that handles these accounts so you would get a "we can't find it" response from BoA's main/generic numbers. They'll want to call 800-824-5895 to get questions answered by Service on this card type. As a whole and from my expierence BoA is conservative; but if you have no existing relationship (defined by them as checking/savings/direct deposit or any combination of those) then they'll literally make you earn their trust. But once they finally open up, they'll give you the farm lol A 700 is a good score, but BoA would say "that's a nice start"..they like good to exceptional scores that are produced from thicker profiles, and of course tenure is rolled into that as well. 

Message 9 of 43
texasman07
Established Contributor

Should he call that number now ? Or wait for the letter!? Thanks again 😃
Message 10 of 43
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.