Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclay CLI

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Barclay CLI

I have the Barclay Apple card, with a $3.7K CL. Back in November, I received an auto-CLI of $1K, from $2.7K to $3.7K. Based on my good history with the card, I'm pretty sure I can expect another auto-CLI next month (April), which will be the 6-month mark. However, being OCD, I prefer my CLs to be nice round numbers, so I'm planning to call in to request a CLI to $5K. Or do you think I should ask for more? $6K? Anyone know if Barclay counteroffers if the initial request is too high?

Also, since it'll be 5 months and not 6 months, do you think they'll grant the CLI? I mean, the whole point of my calling in and letting them do a hard pull on me rather than going with the auto-CLI is simply because I want that .7 eyesore to go away.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Sweets8E
Frequent Contributor

Re: Barclay CLI

Last month I requested to have my Barclays Apple card bumped from $1680 to $3k and they countered with $2770. In some cases I guess they do counteroffer. That's always been my experience with them at least. And for the times that I did request an increase prior to the six month mark, they denied me outright and the message said something to the effect of "You recently were granted a credit limit increase, we are unable to grant you another..." or something like that.

Starting Score: 686 TU / 683 EQ 01/17/2013
Current Score: 703 TU / 691 EQ 10/04/2013 / 688 EX 11/12/2013
Goal Score: 700 across all three

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Barclay CLI

@Sweets8E wrote:

Last month I requested to have my Barclays Apple card bumped from $1680 to $3k and they countered with $2770. In some cases I guess they do counteroffer. That's always been my experience with them at least. And for the times that I did request an increase prior to the six month mark, they denied me outright and the message said something to the effect of "You recently were granted a credit limit increase, we are unable to grant you another..." or something like that.

Thanks for the information!

The thing is, I don't know how to get my nice round CL without calling in before the 6-month mark, because I've basically been getting steady auto-CLIs with every 6th billing statement. I suppose I could call in right after the auto-CLI and ask if they would be willing to tweak the new CL a little, but that seems even less likely than calling at the 5-month mark/right before the 6-month mark.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.