Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One Interesting Data points.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Capital One Interesting Data points.

So my plan was to get a new CapOne Venture card after I closed on my house in September. I got caught up in all the hubub of the closing and work and everything, I forgot to pay my current CapOne card on time, but did not realize it. I had a pre-approval, applied, and got denied due to the late payment. I was so mad at myself. I paid that day. I waited until a week later after payment cleared, applied again and got denied due to "recent late payment".

So I waited until this month, one month and a couple days after I cleared up the late payment, and got approved for 20k!

I have high credit scores and suitable income.

I thought this was interesting with the late payment I was hoping that giving it a month would put me back in the clear, and I was right!

Highlights:

Denied for Venture due to late payment.

Approved after a month went by.

10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Capital One Interesting Data points.

Wow they sure forgave you quick. Congrats!

Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

9 HP? You really wanted that card! Lol Congrats on your approval! 

Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Won't be applying for anything in the next two years so HP's don't matter to me now. I simply wanted the card for the bonus, and then to eventually merge the CL into my Quicksilver, which has a 4% SCRA rate locked in. Basically I use that card instead of home equity or other loans.
Message 4 of 11
Adkins
Legendary Contributor

Nice! Congratulations!

Last HP 08-07-2023

Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on the new card! And glad they forgave quickly!!! Now, enjoy that new card and CL!

Message 6 of 11
Shooting-For-800
Senior Contributor

A lot of Cap One bashing on this board, but they have always treated me well.

Congrats OP!

Rebuild started in 2014  -  $100k unsecured credit in 2017  -  $500k unsecured credit in 2024.

DON'T WORK FOR CREDIT CARDS ... MAKE CREDIT CARDS WORK FOR YOU!

Message 7 of 11
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

Congrats!  I'm often one of those CapOne bashers (not a single CLI on any card in 20 years, no lates ever on anything, only lender to have turned me down for a new card in years, etc...), but sounds like they are treating you right!  Thanks for your service, also.

Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Also forgot to add that they also gave me a 3k increase on my existing QS to 19,500
Message 9 of 11
blunderer
Established Contributor

Congrats on your approval, CLI,  and recent closing! 

WTG!!!!! Smiley Wink

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.