cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One Quicksilver - verification (Update: Approved)

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Capital One Quicksilver - verification (Update: Approved)

A week ago I applied for the C1 QS card. Got the 7-10 day response. Got a letter today asking for three different pieces of info for verification. Called the number and he asked a few questions to verify my identity. When we were done, he thanked me and said to look for further information in another 7-10 days. He told me I could disregard the letter, but that I should follow any further instructions if I got them in the mail. Do they generally approve on the phone like that or in writing? Am I looking at a denial, I wonder?

Thanks! First post here. Really enjoying all the info here! Super helpful!

Mod note:  I've updated your subject to reflect your approval; feel free to change/edit if you would like.  --UB

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Capital One Quicksilver - verification needed

The 7-10 day language with Cap1 seems to always yield an approval. Although, as with any other CC application, it could always go eitherway. If they went out of their way to send you a notice for verification, then it is a good sign that they are considering to give you the card. Best of luck and report back how it all went. 

Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Will do. I was hoping they’d approve on the spot. The second waiting period sorta threw me. Thanks for the insight!
Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Since last year, after the EQ breach, more and more lenders, have tightened up the verification process for credit card applications, lately, there are more pending applications that require verification before an approval. But if you have perused through this forum a bit, you will find that the 7-10 message from Cap 1 is a very good sign. Good luck again.

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Called the automated number today and got the message that I was approved! Now I'm anxious to find out the amount! 

Happy Sunday!

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

The card came today. It looks so much cooler than the other OLD cards I have! Smiley Happy  5k CL, so I'm excited to BT and get working on some 0 balances!!

Message 6 of 8
alvon123
Super Contributor

Re: Capital One Quicksilver - verification (Update: Approved)

congrats on your approval!

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Capital One Quicksilver - verification (Update: Approved)

Major congrats on your approval and CL!

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.