Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase CSP Approval, Some Data Points

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase CSP Approval, Some Data Points

Hey Folks,

I finally tried the Chase prequal page today and for the first time in 3 years, everything was showing when nothing ever had in the past and I have checked monthly.  Most recently about 2 weeks ago with nothing there. Saw the interest rate was a single number so I clicked the CSP and instantly got the $5K. (Was worried about 5/24 but some folks get lucky from what I read on here)

Here is the interesting part.  My overall Util is 18%,  Fico scores 700, 710, 714. No late payments ever, no baddies whatsoever and a recent home refinance (Left Chase Mortgage after 2 Years for a better rate and some cash out).

I have two cards over 60% util, Quicksilver and Citi Diamond MC. the rest are all less than 15% or at zero.

I still do not know which bureaus they pulled.  I do not suspect Equifax since I have 32 inquiries (22 of them from 2 different car loans)

Exp and TU are showing 12-15 inquiries.

I do have an Amex at $5K, Lowes at $6K, Sam's MC at $5K, BOA with 10K CL and NFCU with 14K.  All of my others are in the $2-3K range.  So it seems having some $5-10K cards helps with the CSP.

12 of my accounts were opened in the last 24 months but 6 of them turn 24 months this month (July), 2 more turn 24 months in August and the other 4 turn 24 months in Oct, Feb, and March. So seemingly they did not count the July accounts, but interestingly the 2 for August would have me at 6/24 BUT, those two were Home Depot and Amazon Store Card which lend credibility to the theory that store cards do not count towards 5/24.  Just some info I thought I would share FWIW.

The only bummer was that the recon guy would not consider raising the limit without another hard pull, so I left well enough alone. That does seem stupid though since they just hard pulled to approve the card. BOA and NFCU both gave me a good bit more when I opened those and it did not require another HP.  Oh well, I am super happy to have the CSP, it has a nice hefty feel to it. (My mother in law has one and it almost feels like some sort of metal). I'm also going to enjoy the bonus. Now it is time to SD the Amex BCP.

CH

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase CSP Approval, Some Data Points

@Anonymous wrote:

Hey Folks,

I finally tried the Chase prequal page today and for the first time in 3 years, everything was showing when nothing ever had in the past and I have checked monthly.  Most recently about 2 weeks ago with nothing there. Saw the interest rate was a single number so I clicked the CSP and instantly got the $5K. (Was worried about 5/24 but some folks get lucky from what I read on here)

Here is the interesting part.  My overall Util is 18%,  Fico scores 700, 710, 714. No late payments ever, no baddies whatsoever and a recent home refinance (Left Chase Mortgage after 2 Years for a better rate and some cash out).

I have two cards over 60% util, Quicksilver and Citi Diamond MC. the rest are all less than 15% or at zero.

I still do not know which bureaus they pulled.  I do not suspect Equifax since I have 32 inquiries (22 of them from 2 different car loans)

Exp and TU are showing 12-15 inquiries.

I do have an Amex at $5K, Lowes at $6K, Sam's MC at $5K, BOA with 10K CL and NFCU with 14K.  All of my others are in the $2-3K range.  So it seems having some $5-10K cards helps with the CSP.

12 of my accounts were opened in the last 24 months but 6 of them turn 24 months this month (July), 2 more turn 24 months in August and the other 4 turn 24 months in Oct, Feb, and March. So seemingly they did not count the July accounts, but interestingly the 2 for August would have me at 6/24 BUT, those two were Home Depot and Amazon Store Card which lend credibility to the theory that store cards do not count towards 5/24.  Just some info I thought I would share FWIW.

The only bummer was that the recon guy would not consider raising the limit without another hard pull, so I left well enough alone. That does seem stupid though since they just hard pulled to approve the card. BOA and NFCU both gave me a good bit more when I opened those and it did not require another HP.  Oh well, I am super happy to have the CSP, it has a nice hefty feel to it. (My mother in law has one and it almost feels like some sort of metal). I'm also going to enjoy the bonus. Now it is time to SD the Amex BCP.

CH

Congrats on getting the CSP.  Funny how are scores are so similar. My Experian is 701.  And My Transunion is 710.  And I have a whole bunch of badies. Foreclosure, Charge Off, Late payments, Motorcyle Repo etc. 

Message 2 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

That is weird indeed. My AAOA is only 36 months which isn't the best and my newest acct (mortgage) is only 2 months old which isn't helping. I'm also the co signer for my son's car which could be hurting debt to income since i also have my own car payment. Other than those things, I really can't explain it. I'm sure that getting Util below 9% would be a big help for my scores, but that is going to take some time since I am not going to open any more accts for the next year.

CH

Message 3 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

The whole 5/24 thing had me thinking this afternoon, so I checked Chase's "Credit Journey", CapitalOne's "Creditwise", CreditKarma, etc. All based on Vantage. They are showing the HP today for TU and also showing 10 new accounts in the last 24 months.  So I have to wonder how the whole 5/24 rule works now since this implies 10/24 for me. I have a new FICO 3B free on 7-14 so I'll have to see how that compares to figure it out for sure.

On the downside, I didn't  mention yet that I pushed my luck and app'd for the Marriott with Chase right after the CSP was approved and got the 30 day message. I wasn't too bummed at that point, but called the automated application status number and received the dreaded 7-10 message which I have come to learn is a definate denial since it did not say 2 weeks or remain at 30 days.  Oh well, done until next Summer for now.

CH

Message 4 of 15
Gmood1
Super Contributor

Congrats! I have a feeling if you'd apped for a 2nd card not under the 5/24..you'd have gotten that one to.

Message 5 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

I thought so to with the Marriott since it is co-branded, but no go.

Message 6 of 15
Gmood1
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I thought so to with the Marriott since it is co-branded, but no go.

Marriott falls under the 5/24. IHG and Hyatt do not.

Message 7 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Should I app for one of those or is it too late?

Message 8 of 15
Gmood1
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Should I app for one of those or is it too late?

Not sure my friend, I've never triple apped Chase, only double apped them several times. 

Message 9 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Oh well, I stay at Marriott quite a bit, the other two not so much. That said, no need to apply for something that does not benefit me. Thanks for the input!

CH

Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.