Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Freedom Unlimited Approved after recon

tag
Meskini
New Contributor

Re: Chase Freedom Unlimited Approved after recon

I posted my story getting back with Amex here: https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Card-Approvals/Back-with-Amex/td-p/5424489

I think I'm going to the garden for at least one year. Smiley Happy

We live and learn!
Message 11 of 19
TyRacing
Frequent Contributor

@Meskini wrote:

I went on app spree last month and I applied for few cards without thinking I was going to get approved , because I only have one year credit which is considered thin and most of my cards were secured during 2018.

I applied for CFU on December 2nd, I got the usual messages: 30 days then changed to two weeks, then to 7-10 days. I received the answer and it was a denial.  I immediately called and asked for reconsideration mentioning that I just opened a checking account with Chase with an initial deposit of 50k. while waiting I applied and got approved for the following cards: 

- Amex Gold and Amex Cash Magnet ($2000) this was huge because i'm officialy off Amex blacklist.

- Capitalone Quicksilver ($1000)

- Paypal Mastercard Cashback ($300)

- U.S. Bank Platinum ($1000)

Today I logged into my Chase account and the CFU account was listed, I was approved for $6800. This is my biggest CL so far. 

Now that I have all these cards, I'm thinking about closing Capitalone QS1, Capitalone and U.S bank secured cards. any suggestions are much appreciated as my next plan is to simplify my wallet. 

Thank you all for your help, without this community I couldn't do any better than this. 

Congrats on successful approval!

What was your credit score? Thanks for sharing!

Have the Following:

CashBack Cards Goals: Citi Rewards+

Note to Self: Focus on the Abundance of Love and you shall have more!

Message 12 of 19
macinjosh
Senior Contributor

@Meskini wrote:
I posted my story getting back with Amex here: https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Card-Approvals/Back-with-Amex/td-p/5424489

I think I'm going to the garden for at least one year. Smiley Happy

Thanks! I guess I somehow missed that post. I burned Amex in January 2010 for $510.01, and was still on the blacklist last month. It'll be 9 years on the 10th since they closed my account, so hopefully they will forgive me soon. But frankly, I can't blame them if they keep me on it longer.

Samsung Financing TD Bank $3,200

Message 13 of 19
Brooklyn2018
Valued Contributor

Congrats!!!👍👍👍

😊

Goal Score: 600(within a year)**MET MY GOAL** | Goal Score: 700**MET MY GOAL** | Goal score: 800
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

>

I❤️NY
Message 14 of 19
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Excellent. Congratulations on the recon.

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 15 of 19
kugel
Valued Contributor

Xiximus I see u have 2 discover cc what the limits on it ?
Debating if to apply for a second card
Message 16 of 19
Meskini
New Contributor

With the recent inquiries all my scores are around 720.
My discover card graduated last june and got an increase from $500 to $1750 since then no signs if love. I guess i joined the discover "bucketed" club.

We live and learn!
Message 17 of 19
19eighty5
Senior Contributor

Congratulations on your recon and approval!

FICO 8 (Feb 2018):EX- 519, TU- 530, EQ- 545
FICO 8 (Sept 2022):EX- 706, TU- 685, EQ- 684
What's in my wallet:

Message 18 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your approval !!!

Message 19 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.