Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase United Explorer

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase United Explorer

Yesterday I was totally dumbfounded when I found out I was approved for this card. Against credit karma, experian, and credit sesames advice that I had a poor chance and my own knowledge that there was no way on earth Id get approved I went for it. The reason for poor approval is the fact chase has a 5/24 rule along with the amount of inquiries and new accounts I have opened the possibilities were slim. I am in the process of rebuilding my credit and I decided to mass apply build up overall credit limit and over the next two years let the inquiries fall and my accounts age. Anyways when I applied for the United explorer card I forgot unlock my experian credit report which automatically threw my application for review limpo. After 14 days again to my astonishment I was approved. 

Message 1 of 22
21 REPLIES 21
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Chase United Explorer

Sweet, enjoy your UE card & welcome to myFico Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 22
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous, Congratulations on your Chase approval!

Any other Data Points you could share?

It could help other members make better informed credit decisionsSmiley Happy

ETA: Welcome to the forum.

Message 3 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Credit Scores

Fico 8

Experian: 729

Equifax: 687

TransUnion: 707

Total Revolving Credit: $43,000

Utilization: 2%
New Accounts in Last 2 Years: 22

2 Car notes: $78,000

Student Loans: $82,000

Late Payments: 0

Derogatory Accounts: 3 (>5 Years)

Inquiries: 18-40 Yes this is not by means ideal. Now that I have achieved my goal of reaching a decent total revolving credit my goal is to age my accounts.

Hope this helps.

Message 4 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations on your approval!

Message 5 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

The other factor is knowing when your statement cutoff dates are. I always payoff my cards before my statement closes so that my cards show $0 on my credit report. 

Message 6 of 22
Rebuild2019
Valued Contributor

Congratulations 🎉🎈🎊 on your Chase Approval!!!

CARDS: Discover It | Kohl’s | Truist Spectrum Cash Rewards | Truist Bright | CITI Custom Cash | Chase Freedom Flex | Chase Amazon Prime Visa | VACU Cash Rewards Mastercard | Sam’s Club Mastercard | PenFed Gold Visa | NFCU CashRewards | NFCU More Rewards | NFCU Platinum Visa | AMEX BCE | Verizon Visa | Wells Fargo Active Cash | Amazon Prime | NFCU Auto Loan
Starting Scores 05/2019: EQ:519, EX:525, TU:574

CLOSED : Capital One Quicksilver One | OpenSky |
Message 7 of 22
JLRDC909
Frequent Contributor

Congratulations on your approval. I was not approved and was 5/24 with NO recon. They wouldn't entertain the thought. Told me I had to be under 5/24. I do hear of this card being less strict but unfortunately I wasn't one they allowed through the cracks. 

JR
Message 8 of 22
CreditAggie
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Congratulations on your United Explorer approval!

Current Cards (in order of approval):

Current FICO 8 | 9 (February 2024):  
Credit Age:  
Inquiries (6/12/24):  
Banks & CUs:

Message 9 of 22
Lou-natic
Established Contributor

Congrats!

Also further proof that Chase is...I don't even know. They apply their standards willy nilly it seems and it makes no sense.

3/3/24
Message 10 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.