Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase prequalify and approval

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase prequalify and approval

So today I decided to check prequalify offers as i do once a week or so and when i got to Chase i figured it would once again tell me sorry no offers for you. but this time i was surprised to see i had 4 offers. after reviewing the cards I settled on taking my chances on the Freedom.

after reading so much in these forums about if you get a prequal from chase your odds of approval are pretty good. I figured i would either get the 30 day message or if im lucky a $500 starting limit. atleast id be in. or worst case scenario an instant denial that would put me back in my place and tell me im still not ready. Either way I filled out the app and hit the submit button. As the circle spun i had that excited yet very nerved up feeling and all of a Sudden. BAM instanly approved with a $2500 SL. might not seem like alot to many but by far my biggest approval and highest limit ive got. I owe a huge thanks to everybody on this forum for giving the best advice and sharing there stories. As of now ive been working on my credit for just over a year ive applied for 3 cards in the last month and approved for all. And now it really is time to garden. My next card in sights is A Citi card and I got a ways to go before thay will approve me. experian score is 648. and im holding still for the next 6-12 months i want to hit 720.

Message 1 of 20
19 REPLIES 19
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: Chase prequalify and approval

Major kudos on your credit journey so far!

Message 2 of 20
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

Congrats!

Message 3 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations on your new card and on your rebuild. Dv

Message 4 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

That’s a great card. Blast those categories. Congrats 🎉🍾🎈🎊🐬

Message 5 of 20
A1Credit
Established Contributor

Congratulations!  I plan to apply for Chase card in the near future.  Hopefully, I will have luck like you.

***Gardening 3/29/2018 until 9/25/2018***

FICO 8 Scores: EQ~692 l TU~657 l EX~669
Message 6 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

WooHoo! So glad to hear that you were awarded an excellent starting limit. I am from NYC and Chase is the best bank period! My Grandmother banked with them when they were Manufacturers Hanover.
Enjoy your new card and save some credit for Thanksgiving!
Message 7 of 20
BronzeTrader
Valued Contributor

Wow! Give Chase some luv!

Message 8 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations on your Chase approval!!

Message 9 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've been checking the Chase pre-qualify site weekly for a month.  Finally  I got the green light, and  like FadedIdea, I had 4 offers so I went for  it.  After bracing myself for a super low limit or even a denial. I received a approval for $3500.  My mouth hit the floor, this is my highest so far.  I have a card through my CU with a 2000 limit.  Sooo excited, I immediatley set up auto payments.  I want to keep the momentum going  Thanks FadedIdea!

Message 10 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.