Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Check app status issue Cap One

tag
Poppa
Established Contributor

Check app status issue Cap One

Hello. After applying for Platinum Sunday and getting a 7-10 day msg, my fiancee called to check app status. She was told after entering ssn "that doesn't seem to match". Is it just too soon? 

FICO SCORE 08 - TU 810 - EX 807

12/15 - First Tradeline - 12/17 - 800 Credit Score - 3/18 - Homeowner
Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
Poppa
Established Contributor

Re: Check app status issue Cap One

So...apparently I put her ssn in wrong when we applied. I should've just got her to do it but she was busy. I was under the impression I could enter numbers correctly. Well she called and they told her to fax DL and SS card and then give them a few days. I had a feeling it was my fault. Lesson learned.

Message 2 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

I suppose it is a hard lesson learn.  Keep us posted on results after they review the documents sent over...

Message 3 of 14
Poppa
Established Contributor

She was approved Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Poppa wrote:

Congrats to you both!!

Message 5 of 14
Poppa
Established Contributor

We don't know of the APR or CL yet but I'll let you know when we find out

Message 6 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Poppa wrote:

Congrats to her!!

Message 7 of 14
Poppa
Established Contributor

The card came today. The website is not working for us today but she was able to activate via phone. I forgot APR is always 24.99 on Platinum. Her SL is $500. I was hoping for more but I've read plenty of people started out there.

Message 8 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Poppa wrote:

The card came today. The website is not working for us today but she was able to activate via phone. I forgot APR is always 24.99 on Platinum. Her SL is $500. I was hoping for more but I've read plenty of people started out there.

Lots of people are having issues with Cap1's website lately. I'm glad she was able to get it activated by phone. Remember to use that card heavy and make large payments every month, and she should see a decent increase. She can ask for an increase (via the love button) after her 3rd statement. Some people have success between the 2nd and 3rd statement, but I recommend waiting til after the 3rd.

Message 9 of 14
Poppa
Established Contributor

Ok. Thanks. You mean she doesn't need to worry about low utilization and just pay it down before statement cuts then PIF to put a lot of money through it each month? 

I was originally planning to have her try to PC it to QS after a few statements. Lately I've been reading about getting luv after 2-3 statements then getting auto CLI after 5-6 statements. Then after those two increases (hopefully) PC to QS.Then it would be another 6 months before a possible increase. 

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.