cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi Premier approval

Auto Loans for ANY Credit Situation. Immediate Response.
Advertiser disclosure
Super Contributor

Re: Citi Premier approval


@Remedios wrote:

@randomguy1 wrote:

Congrats for the card and thanks for the data points. I'm looking to get a 1 or maybe 2 Citi cards while I still have bank accounts with them myself.


I dont have any other accounts with them, and I never did in the past

I was just surprised that they verbally took correct SS after I butchered it on the app, without asking for any documentation 🤷‍♀️


One bit of warning: comparatively speaking their fraud detection algorithms can be fairly aggressive, don't be shocked if you get a text requesting validation or a denial on your first large purchase that is followed in several minutes by a phonecall from a security analyst to confirm it was you.

 

(8/2019)
FICO 8 (EX) 793 (TU) 808 (EQ) 794
FICO 9 (EX) 822 (TU) 827 (EQ) 844

$900K+ club
Message 41 of 81
Moderator

Re: Citi Premier approval


@Remedios wrote:

Oh drats...$5200.00 That $200.00 is going to ruin my life 


Welcome to the $xx,200 and $xx,700 4life club!

Message 42 of 81
Super Contributor

Re: Citi Premier approval


@Remedios wrote:

Oh drats...$5200.00 That $200.00 is going to ruin my life 


Citi be wierd like that.  I have CLs from them ending in 701, 200, and 300.

(8/2019)
FICO 8 (EX) 793 (TU) 808 (EQ) 794
FICO 9 (EX) 822 (TU) 827 (EQ) 844

$900K+ club
Message 43 of 81
Moderator

Re: Citi Premier approval


@coldfusion wrote:

@Remedios wrote:

@randomguy1 wrote:

Congrats for the card and thanks for the data points. I'm looking to get a 1 or maybe 2 Citi cards while I still have bank accounts with them myself.


I dont have any other accounts with them, and I never did in the past

I was just surprised that they verbally took correct SS after I butchered it on the app, without asking for any documentation 🤷‍♀️


One bit of warning: comparatively speaking their fraud detection algorithms can be fairly aggressive, don't be shocked if you get a text requesting validation or a denial on your first large purchase that is followed in several minutes by a phonecall from a security analyst to confirm it was you.


If I can paraphrase a great explorer, Jinxer no jinxing!  I've been lucky with them and never had an alert.  Fingers crossed.

Message 44 of 81
Moderator

Re: Citi Premier approval


@Remedios wrote:

Oh drats...$5200.00 That $200.00 is going to ruin my life 


I somehow ended up with a $200 on my DoubleCash as well.  Smiley Indifferent

 

It's almost (but not quite) worth taking a HP just to be able to request a specific amount, but with my luck they would be unable to approve my entire request and I would end up with yet another oddball limit. Smiley Frustrated

Message 45 of 81
Moderator

Re: Citi Premier approval


@K-in-Boston wrote:

@coldfusion wrote:

@Remedios wrote:

@randomguy1 wrote:

Congrats for the card and thanks for the data points. I'm looking to get a 1 or maybe 2 Citi cards while I still have bank accounts with them myself.


I dont have any other accounts with them, and I never did in the past

I was just surprised that they verbally took correct SS after I butchered it on the app, without asking for any documentation 🤷‍♀️


One bit of warning: comparatively speaking their fraud detection algorithms can be fairly aggressive, don't be shocked if you get a text requesting validation or a denial on your first large purchase that is followed in several minutes by a phonecall from a security analyst to confirm it was you.


If I can paraphrase a great explorer, Jinxer no jinxing!  I've been lucky with them and never had an alert.  Fingers crossed.


LOL!  Smiley Very Happy

 

Image result for swiper

 

The last time I used my DoubleCash for a "keep alive" purchase was for a bag of ice in a different state and it went through with no drama.  It had been a while since I had used the card and I was expecting some hassle but there was none.

 

That was back in the spring... I guess it's time for another bag of ice.  Smiley Very Happy

Message 46 of 81
Super Contributor

Re: Citi Premier approval


@K-in-Boston wrote:

@coldfusion wrote:

@Remedios wrote:

@randomguy1 wrote:

Congrats for the card and thanks for the data points. I'm looking to get a 1 or maybe 2 Citi cards while I still have bank accounts with them myself.


I dont have any other accounts with them, and I never did in the past

I was just surprised that they verbally took correct SS after I butchered it on the app, without asking for any documentation 🤷‍♀️


One bit of warning: comparatively speaking their fraud detection algorithms can be fairly aggressive, don't be shocked if you get a text requesting validation or a denial on your first large purchase that is followed in several minutes by a phonecall from a security analyst to confirm it was you.


If I can paraphrase a great explorer, Jinxer no jinxing!  I've been lucky with them and never had an alert.  Fingers crossed.


I have stories including when I bought my iPhone7 from the Target in Salem NH.   

 

think the best one though was the letter addressed to my estate asking what kind of payment arrangements were going to be made to satisfy my account.

(8/2019)
FICO 8 (EX) 793 (TU) 808 (EQ) 794
FICO 9 (EX) 822 (TU) 827 (EQ) 844

$900K+ club
Message 47 of 81
Moderator

Re: Citi Premier approval

Yeah, my last 6 or 7 out-of-state trips I forgot to set travel notifications on my Premier.  No issues.

Message 48 of 81
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: Citi Premier approval


@coldfusion wrote:

@Remedios wrote:

Oh drats...$5200.00 That $200.00 is going to ruin my life 


Citi be wierd like that.  I have CLs from them ending in 701, 200, and 300.


lolwut the 701 😂

Message 49 of 81
Super Contributor

Re: Citi Premier approval


@simplynoir wrote:

@coldfusion wrote:

@Remedios wrote:

Oh drats...$5200.00 That $200.00 is going to ruin my life 


Citi be wierd like that.  I have CLs from them ending in 701, 200, and 300.


lolwut the 701 😂


I was like **bleep**

 

Not worth my taking a HP to try to adjust it.

(8/2019)
FICO 8 (EX) 793 (TU) 808 (EQ) 794
FICO 9 (EX) 822 (TU) 827 (EQ) 844

$900K+ club
Message 50 of 81
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.