Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DISCOVER IT Miles CARD - INSTANT APPROVAL for 15K. !!! WOW

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

DISCOVER IT Miles CARD - INSTANT APPROVAL for 15K. !!! WOW

Back in January this year, I had been approved for a DISCOVER IT Chrome Card, but just after getting the approval, I decided to cancel delivery of the card, because upon reflection I didn't think I'd use it much. Also, because they only approved me for a $2500 CL. Additionally, because I had been approved for 6 other new cards just a week or week before that, soI figured to play it safe and cut the Discover.

Ever since then they have been sending me pre-qualified offers what seem like every week or two. This week I actually got two offers in the mail from them... lol

Finally today I decided to apply. This time for the DISCOVER IT Miles Card.

I figured I had a good chance of being approved since they have been so aggressively mailing me for months.
I was totally surprised though at the high CL they gave me.
$15,000 right out of the gate ! GREAT !!!

This approval comes on the heals of a very sucessful spree for me over the last 5 days.

I have gotten the following wins these last 5 days...
* APPROVED for AMEX PLATINUM CARD
* CLI on my BANK OF AMERICA CASH REWARD CARD ... $5,500 increased to $15,000

* CLI on my BANK OF AMERICA PREMIUM REWARDS CARD ... $7,500 increased to $15,000
*** and now the $15,000 approval on the new Discover It card.

Looks like $15,000 is my lucky number. I think I will play these numbers in one of the state lotteries LOL

EQ - 715  /  TU - 711 /  EX - 690

Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: DISCOVER IT Miles CARD - INSTANT APPROVAL for 15K. !!! WOW

Congrats on your recent approvals and CLIs! Smiley Very Happy

Message 2 of 17
ChargedUp
Senior Contributor

Congrats on all the $15K limits!

Message 3 of 17
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Congrats on your approval

Message 4 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Congrats on your recent approvals and CLIs! Smiley Very Happy

Thanks !  

Message 5 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@ChargedUp wrote:

Congrats on all the $15K limits!

Appreciate it !

Message 6 of 17
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Congrats on your approval

Message 7 of 17
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Congrats on the wonderful approval.  Has only taken me two years to get to 15k with them lol which was like pulling teeth with them and them kicking and screaming the whole time Smiley Happy

Message 8 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CreditCuriosity wrote:

Congrats on the wonderful approval.  Has only taken me two years to get to 15k with them lol which was like pulling teeth with them and them kicking and screaming the whole time Smiley Happy

LOL... Yeah, it is funny the way sometimes these CC providers do things.

As mentioned, 6 months ago when I approved for the Discover IT Chrome, they only gave me a $2,500 CL, and so canceled before the card was shipped for all the reasons I mentioned before. Now, 6 months fast forward they approved for $15K on the Discover It Miles card. Go figure...lol.

I the income figure on both applications was the same, but my credit scores have gone up about 20-30 points across the board the past 6 months, with low UTLZ%, and make quick & large payments on my cards. I think all those things will probably factors why the jumped to $15K on this new card approval.

Also, and I am not sure about this, but I am guessing that geenrally speaking, lenders might tend to skew toward higher limits on travel reward based cards, because they know a lot of people will be making larger puchases on flight & multi-day hotel stays ???  A Businees Class or First Class filght, and 5 night stay in a 4 or 5 Star hotel, can chew up a ton of your credit limit.

I was shocked 6 months back when Cap One gave me a $30K CL on a new VENTURE Card, but that high limit has come in very handy, cause I could put 10K on it with big flight and/or hotel reservations, and still not go above 30% UTLZ on that card. Even though I always tend to pay off my balance before closing date, I still prefer to not to use more than 30% of a card at anytime.

Message 9 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on the killer approvals and CLIs!!
Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.