Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FNBO approval

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

FNBO approval

I got a mailer for FNBO the other day and applied because I have some high balance cards I'd like to transfer into a 0% offer. I got the "you'll hear from us" response to my app and figured it was declined because of my current utilization.

Then this morning I got an email saying I'd been approved. No info on the CL or anything else, other than you'll get your card in 7-10 business days. When I applied I provided info for a balance transfer. Will that happen automatically at whatever balance transfer limit I'm allocated, or will I have an opportunity to modify it? When I thought I wasn't approved I came up with another plan for tackling this debt and don't want to pay it off tomorrow then have FNBO send them a check next week...

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
JR_TX
Valued Contributor

Re: FNBO approval

Congrats on the approval!

Seems like FNBO is getting aggressive these days!

Going out of their geo footprint and sending out mailers! 

New cc TLs : 0/6 ; 0/12 ; 0/24 | HPs EX 3 EQ 3 TU 4 | AAoA 7y10m | UTIL 1% - 4% | $300K+ Total Limits

Message 2 of 16
thornback
Senior Contributor

Congrats on the approval. 

Most issuers hold processing balance transfer requests on brand new cards til 14-days after the date of approval.  If you go back and read the small print of the BT offer on the card for which you applied, it should make mention of any initial processing delays.  Once beyond that delay period,  processing begins automatically (they'll usually just process what's possible per your credit limit and cancel whatever doesn't fit).  Because of this, I don't list my BTs at the time of app, I just wait till I receive the card/limit details -- also, judging by others' posts, listing BTs at time of app doesn't seem to result in a higher SL anyway.

So - assuming the 14-day delay is the case here, and that you actually receive your card within the 7-10 day timeframe, you may be able to cancel or edit any pending BT requests, though you may have to do so over the phone with a rep.   Alternatively, you can give customer service a call in a day or two (give your new account time to generate in their system) to not only learn what your credit limit will be, but to see if they a can assist with the BTs prior to your card arriving.

Personal Aphorism:"Forget What You Feel, Remember What You Deserve"
Starting FICO 8s | 09/2017: EX 641 ✦ EQ 634 ✦ TU 647
Current FICO 8s | 04/2022: EX 796 ✦ EQ 793 ✦ TU 790
Current FICO 9s | 04/2022: EX 790 ✦ EQ 788 ✦ TU 782
2022 Goal Score | 800s

My AAoA:
4.6 years not incl. AU / 4.9 years incl. AU
My AoOA: 9.2 years not incl. AU / 11.2 years incl. AU
Inquiries: EX 0/12 ✦ EQ 0/12 ✦ TU 0/12
Report Status: Clean
Garden Status:  

Without patience, we will learn less in life. We will see less. We will feel less. We will hear less. Ironically, rush and more usually mean less.
Message 3 of 16
macinjosh
Senior Contributor

Congrats on your approval. Check here: Application Status to see if it lists your credit line.

Samsung Financing TD Bank $3,200

Message 4 of 16
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Congratulations on your approval!
Message 5 of 16
Credit4Growth
Senior Contributor

Congrats on the approval... keep us updated!

20200917_201506.gif

Message 6 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks, that worked! $7500 CL. 

Message 7 of 16
macinjosh
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks, that worked! $7500 CL. 

Congrats! Nice starting limit!

Samsung Financing TD Bank $3,200

Message 8 of 16
JoeLuvsHisCredit
Valued Contributor

Congratulations 

Message 9 of 16
Yeliaba1
Frequent Contributor

Congratulations on your approval!

Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.