cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fifth Third Bank Truly Simple card *UPDATE* approved.

tag
restdani
New Contributor

Fifth Third Bank Truly Simple card *UPDATE* approved.

i received a pre-approved mail offer yesterday and decided to bite the bullet and take advantage of the intro 0% apr. i was given the following message “thank you for applying! once you receive your card you can call us to add additional card users” but nothing stating the credit limit or account opening.

i also got a notification that my experian and transunion reports were pulled. anyone else have this experience with 5/3? what does this response mean?

**UPDATE**
Was on hold for about 30 minutes and the csr told me i was approved, but for a bunny 3k limit. :-( i was expecting a little
more from reading experiences on here
but i’m glad i got my foot in the door with them. anybody knows how to request a credit line increase? and if it’s a SP or HP?
Message 1 of 23
22 REPLIES 22
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: Fifth Third Bank Truly Simple card

CongratsSmiley Happy. Looks like you will experience bossbabybrads approval. I always like saying this bank and its cards. Just a weird name for a bank but if it works it worksSmiley Wink
Message 2 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations on the approval and hopefully you get a good SL!

Message 3 of 23
fltireguy
Valued Contributor

You can probably find the post with my experience in this situation. It’s happened twice. First time, it was for a truly simple card. I got the same message. I called back the business day after, and informed of a 15 K limit.

The other day, I got another preapproval mailer for the trio card. Same thing. I applied last night, I’m going to call Monday afternoon and see what they have to say.

I can’t see it being anything less than an approval so, congratulations.
NFCU $60.4k/PenFed $22.5k/Commerce $15K/53 $11K/Synovus $14K/BBT $11K/CapOne $12K/DCU $7.5K/BMO $7.5K/Chase $14.5k/Cabelas $10K/ and many many more!
Total CL $398600, plus car and RV loan.
Ooh. Ooh. Getting closer to that $500K mark!
Message 4 of 23
JoeLuvsHisCredit
Valued Contributor

Congratulations

Message 5 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
CongratsSmiley Happy. Looks like you will experience bossbabybrads approval. I always like saying this bank and its cards. Just a weird name for a bank but if it works it worksSmiley Wink

Folks I believe AJC just went over the edge Smiley Wink Most unfortunate ... we need to get some specialized help!

Message 6 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats, looks like an approval! Mind sharing your stats to be sure?

Message 7 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:

Folks I believe AJC just went over the edge Smiley Wink Most unfortunate ... we need to get some specialized help!

Lol. 😅

Message 8 of 23
restdani
New Contributor

im hoping for that!
Message 9 of 23
restdani
New Contributor

thank you! i’ll be happy that my foot is in the door at least
Message 10 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.