Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First Card Post-BK

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

First Card Post-BK

Hello. Super quick version: I'm 4 months after BK discharge and i applied for the Credit One Platinum MasterCard and got approved for $500.

Somewhat more detailed version: i have been wanting to re-establish credit since i filed. I burned Cap1 so when i went to apply for their lower tiered card, i was denied for the accounts in bankruptcy. I have a car loan with Cap1 that i got 02/2019 that wasn't included in the filing. After receiving that denial (and one or two others) i decided i would just hold off on credit cards until after a year while i let my car loan, student loan and small LOC of $250 (no credit check) keep my positive history going. Then i got to thinking that i can try with a sub prime lender (this is my first card from one) because i felt like the approval would be pretty likely.

I'm not stoked on the card for what it is but i am excited to start this chapter in my life to rebuilding.

Editing to add: i am unsure of all of my scores right now. The score they used was 701 (from 349-900 i think) but that doesn't seem like a FICO. Based on some denials i got on my auto refinance, my scores seem to range between 660-680
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Re: First Card Post-BK

Congratulations on your approval!
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your Cedit One Platinum approval!

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations!
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.