Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Holy moly Navy Fed approval!!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Holy moly Navy Fed approval!!!

Backstory, in 2014 they closed my credit card when we hit some financial difficulties after a very complicated pregnancy and birth. I paid it in full with our tax return the next year so it was closed and had good standing. Today I reopened my checking acct with Navy Fed today (member since 2005) with the intention to stash Christmas money and house Reno funds in it. I decided on a whim to see if they would let me back into a credit card, expecting a flat out denial or a toy limit. It went to 24 hour review. 20 mins I got a text saying it had been approved. I go into check it and YALL. I about fell outta my chair. $25k SL 12.75% int.

I guess they still like me even after all that mess in 2014♡♡
Message 1 of 21
20 REPLIES 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Holy moly Navy Fed approval!!!

Congrats on your Navy Cash Rewards approval.

Message 2 of 21
Pikaboo-icu
Valued Contributor

Congrats!!!

Looks like it pays off it make things right with them..

Good for you! 

Message 3 of 21
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Congrats on getting back with NFCU again!

Message 4 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your NFCU comeback and monster SL! Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks yall! I really did not expect that at all. I guess paying off that card when I had the money stood out to them, the guilt about them have to close it was awful.
Message 6 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Backstory, in 2014 they closed my credit card when we hit some financial difficulties after a very complicated pregnancy and birth. I paid it in full with our tax return the next year so it was closed and had good standing. Today I reopened my checking acct with Navy Fed today (member since 2005) with the intention to stash Christmas money and house Reno funds in it. I decided on a whim to see if they would let me back into a credit card, expecting a flat out denial or a toy limit. It went to 24 hour review. 20 mins I got a text saying it had been approved. I go into check it and YALL. I about fell outta my chair. $25k SL 12.75% int.

I guess they still like me even after all that mess in 2014♡♡

Super Congrats on your Navy Fed $25,000 credit card approval! Smiley Very Happy

Your back story and successful outcome are testaments to the fact

that when you do the right things in life, the right things happen.

Because you made Navy Fed whole and did right by them, they

responded in kind and did the same for you. Very well done!!! Smiley Very Happy

Quick question: Would you mind sharing which file Navy Fed pulled?

I see your scores in your sig, but I don't think you mentioned what file

they pulled. Congrats again on your success. Thanks so much for sharing! Smiley Very Happy

Message 7 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

No problem at all! So far they pulled EX and TU. I haven't gotten alert from EQ yet but I'm sure I will sooner or later.
I'm trying so hard to get us going back on the right path, this a sign that were are getting there. Slowly but surely♡♡
Message 8 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on you approval , monster SL , NFCU is one of the best CU ouththere !!

Message 9 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

I 100% agree! I've been with them since I was 17 and got my first job. My parents have been with them since my dad started in the service and is still with them after retirement. So glad I got back in with them
Message 10 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.