Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

In with DCU finally-Frozen-then released for use-then closed and reopened

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: In with DCU finally

@baller4life, I do have a CC with them, always do PIF. Just got my updated FICO score 5 from them at 732.

I also have a refinance auto with them. Checking where my paycheck is direct deposited and savings.

New accounts added since getting their card is PENFED Promise , PENFED PLOC, AMEX.

But I also closed Barclays Cashforward 6K, Discover 3.5K, Comenity 6.9K and Citi Diamond for 1.5K.

Hopefully I won't get AA from them. If I do I will refinance my auto with Penfed.
Message 51 of 139
mattmyFIC0
Established Contributor

When I first read your post I thought awesome! Then I was recalling what happened to me last year with them. It was a cluster to say the least.

You can read about it here and also you will find how I was able to get one of the two inq from them removed:

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Personal-Finance/DCU-cancelled-my-membership/td-p/4424302

It wasn't until I submitted the complaint with NCUA that I made some progress....

I've been dealing with a recent nightmare with Golden1 and I have to say I am done with small CUs at this point. It's just too much frustration.

Scores 01/04/2017: EQ 719, TU 750, EX 716
Goal scores: 740 across the board
Message 52 of 139
redpat
Senior Contributor

Wow, why go back to the well. I'm sorry I can't feel bad for someone that just apps because. Over 800k of credit and still apping. All this was self inflicted by OP pushing on the gas and getting caught speeding.

Cut-off that app finger.
Personal Cards: Amex Plat | Amex Delta Res | CSR | Citi AA Exec Business Cards: Ink+ | Amex BGR
Message 53 of 139
baller4life
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
@baller4life, I do have a CC with them, always do PIF. Just got my updated FICO score 5 from them at 732.

I also have a refinance auto with them. Checking where my paycheck is direct deposited and savings.

New accounts added since getting their card is PENFED Promise , PENFED PLOC, AMEX.

But I also closed Barclays Cashforward 6K, Discover 3.5K, Comenity 6.9K and Citi Diamond for 1.5K.

Hopefully I won't get AA from them. If I do I will refinance my auto with Penfed.

I think you will be just fine donny. As long as you don't go on some wild app spree, you won't have any issue. 😊

Message 54 of 139
12njoy
Super Contributor

@redpat wrote:
Wow, why go back to the well. I'm sorry I can't feel bad for someone that just apps because. Over 800k of credit and still apping. All this was self inflicted by OP pushing on the gas and getting caught speeding.

Cut-off that app finger.

I guess someone else asked for sympathy or pity because it certainly wasn't me!  I'll do what works for me and you continue doing what works for you.  Things happen in life and we deal with it.  No exception here.   I'm posting to explain what happened in my case and am not asking anyone to follow my path.   Always seems to be the conception that I'm asking or looking for approval or advice,  im not.   And yes it's an open forum and I can apply whenever and wherever I choose as long as I can deal with the consequences.  Case closed.  

(Formerly known as: Credit is my hobby/TCL objective)
___________ 12Njoy
FICO - EX 810; EQ 797; TU 804 I'm climbing back to 800+
Message 55 of 139
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry 12 this has happened to you. Lots and lots of DCU branches around me. Their parking lots are always full and I see their cards of people swiping everywhere I go. I had thought about joining a long time ago but couldn't stand the wait when I went in. Seems like the right choice to me and looks as if you made the right decision to stay away. Hope those inqs can be removed for you.

Message 56 of 139
12njoy
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Sorry 12 this has happened to you. Lots and lots of DCU branches around me. Their parking lots are always full and I see their cards of people swiping everywhere I go. I had thought about joining a long time ago but couldn't stand the wait when I went in. Seems like the right choice to me and looks as if you made the right decision to stay away. Hope those inqs can be removed for you.

Thank you Mr p for sharing your experience.  Ultimately it's the sharing of information on this board that helps people in all walks of their credit life.  That is one of the great things about this site.   Some negatives but I won't dwell on that.   Again thanks for sharing

___________ 12Njoy
Message 57 of 139
mattmyFIC0
Established Contributor

Not sure if you saw my post or not but you should definitely look into the NCUA route for the inq. They went from being super friendly to just plain rude once they froze all my accounts. NCUA got their attention Smiley Happy They even sent me an apology letter saying I was right!

Scores 01/04/2017: EQ 719, TU 750, EX 716
Goal scores: 740 across the board
Message 58 of 139
12njoy
Super Contributor

@mattmyFIC0 wrote:

Not sure if you saw my post or not but you should definitely look into the NCUA route for the inq. They went from being super friendly to just plain rude once they froze all my accounts. NCUA got their attention Smiley Happy They even sent me an apology letter saying I was right!

Thanks for that.   I did see it.   I had the same issue with Langley and cfpb forwarded my complaint to NCUA.  I pulled my reports and see that they hit me with two EQ pulls and one TU pull.   No way that's going to stand.

___________ 12Njoy
Message 59 of 139
Anonymous
Not applicable

Oh wow, fight this one until the end.... Monday will be a busy day for you, keep us posted.

Message 60 of 139
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.