Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lowe’s triple-dip 20x CLI

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Lowe’s triple-dip 20x CLI

Well I didn’t see this one coming. We all know how score-driven Synchrony is. I opened my Lowe’s card on 4/4/2019 and got a near-useless $300 starter limit. Oh well, no biggie - I knew eventually it would grow. I’ve used it every few weeks, paid it off, rinsed and repeated. Currently am using $48.33 of my limit. I don’t think I’ve spent even $100 on the card since I got it.

Apparently “eventually” came this morning.

I logged in to look over my account and figured, why not hit the luv button? Been a week or so (mind you I’ve tried many times and been told to pound sand). Something they must not have liked, so I just threw $1000 in the request field despite knowing to always shoot for the moon. Instant approval. Sweet - let’s try a double dip. Closed the browser window and logged in on my phone, requested $5000. Phone kinda hung up and acted like it wasn’t responding. Logged back in on my PC and see a $5000 limit effective immediately. OK, this is definitely cool. Nothing to lose by one more try right? Luv button request for $10k, countered at $6000. I’ll definitely take it.

Very stoked now - I’ve been wanting to grow this card and knew it would in time. Every request before today has been a No, and I figured I was falling under a combo of TU score (current in sig and nothing special) and the known-of 4 month CLI cycle. I will have had my card 4 months in a week and a half.

Guess I was wrong and very happy to be - been eyeballing a new stove recently and suddenly that’s very much on the shopping agenda this weekend. The numbers aren’t huge but the multiple of my SL makes me very happy. ‘Scuse me while I finish paying bills and hope that this will help spur Amex into a 3x CLI in the near future on my BCP Smiley Happy
Message 1 of 30
29 REPLIES 29
Caught750
Valued Contributor

Re: Lowe’s triple-dip 20x CLI

Congrats, that’s a huge CLI! Lowe’s can grow very quickly! $15k here you come!
PERSONAL; Amex | AOD FCU | BBVA | BECU | Capital 1 | Chase | Citi | Discover | Key | NFCU | PSECU | SECU MD | Synchrony | US Bank
BUSINESS; Amex | Citi
F8 Current F8s ~750 Best Ever F8s ~775
TOTAL PERSONAL CL > $350k and TCL > $365k
Message 2 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

Definitely hoping so. There’s never an end to the things I can use from that place!
Message 3 of 30
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Big grats! Next up, 35k! But even at 6k, thats alot of possible $48.33 purchasesSmiley Wink.

Way to smash SyncSmiley Happy
Message 4 of 30
GApeachy
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote: hope that this will help spur Amex into a 3x CLI in the near future on my BCP Smiley Happy

...and maybe Home Depot will take notice too!  Congrats big time!!!!!

My Take Home Pay Don't Take Me Home
Message 5 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

Lol @AJC, yes it is - 124 of those actually Smiley Happy @LauraC, I didn’t think about that. With my luck though Citi won’t care. They’re on a real tear of giving me the finger, 13 years and counting. Who wants to break a streak like that?!
Message 6 of 30
GApeachy
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
 Who wants to break a streak like that?!

I guess the sky would be falling if soSmiley Frustrated

My Take Home Pay Don't Take Me Home
Message 7 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

Guess we’ll have to track it - see if Citi throws me a bone before or after Disco takes its meds and hooks you up with a well-deserved CLI. If I win I’ll buy you a hammer. Maybe you aren’t hitting the button hard enough Smiley Wink
Message 8 of 30
MyFault
Valued Contributor

Congrats on the triple dip! That's awesome!

|  
Message 9 of 30
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Funny story...i think Lowes will shop to PR and Home Depot does not🤔 and there are no Lowes here. Go figure. Im gonna try and see if it works. Haha
Message 10 of 30
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.