Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Merrick credit line increase

tag
razzy116
Established Contributor

Merrick credit line increase

I just got an automatic credit line increase 500 to 1000 on 8/15/20 is that all i get or will there be more increases and will my credit score increase? Thank you and be safe.

Starting Score: 663
Current Score: c669
Goal Score: 800

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Re: Merrick credit line increase

Congratulations on your PCLI!
Message 2 of 17
mrcraft
Valued Contributor

Congratulations on your CLI!!

Message 3 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nice Work on the double!  Merrick is great at giving you a little every so often.

You will probably see 200 - 400 increases about every 4-6 months with continued responsible use.

Keep your balances below 68%, try to pay it off as you use it, but they dont mind if you carry a balance (its @ 29.9%)

The highest you will ever see with Merrick is about 5K I think.  I am at 4K and have been for over 1 year.  I have had the card for 7 years.

Its one of the better rebuilding cards, especially if you got the "Double your Limit" with no AF card.  Those are super juicy to have when you are starting out, or over, depending on your situation.

Best of Luck to Ya!

Message 4 of 17
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Congratulations on your IncreaseSmiley Happy

Message 5 of 17
CYBERSAM
Senior Contributor

Congrats on your Merrick credit line increase 👍

Message 6 of 17
Brooklyn2018
Valued Contributor

@razzy116 wrote:

I just got an automatic credit line increase 500 to 1000 on 8/15/20 is that all i get or will there be more increases and will my credit score increase? Thank you and be safe.

Congrats on yourCLI, @razzy116 !!!!!

I received the "double"(Feb-7 mos) from $700 to $1400 and then received another auto CLI of $200(few months later) and i was carrying a 55% balance at the time of increase. Hope that helps some.

Goal Score: 600(within a year)**MET MY GOAL** | Goal Score: 700**MET MY GOAL** | Goal score: 800
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

>

I❤️NY
Message 7 of 17
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@razzy116 wrote:

I'm assuming that's the double your limit thing they do, so it's all you get for now, but I would think they would give you more CLIs over time with responsible usage. As for your scores, it's impossible to say without more details.

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 8 of 17
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Congrats on your CLI Smiley Happy

Message 9 of 17
CountryLivin
Valued Contributor

Congrats on the increase! I love Merrick Bank.....they are the best rebuilder that I had! I have had my card about 3 1/2 years and I have gotten 4 CLI's since they first doubled my CL. I'm at $3000 right now.

Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.