Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEW: Ritz Carlton - APPROVED!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

NEW: Ritz Carlton - APPROVED!!

I’ve tried to stay in the garden, but alas...I lasted a mere 1 month.

The Application:
I completed the application through their mobile site on my iPhone. Please note, I am definitely over 5/24. That rule does not apply to this co-branded card.

The Pull:
A single pull on Equifax. I live in California. 

The Score:
FICO Score 8
690-714 Across EQ, TU, EX
Credit Utilization - approximately 29%
Open Accounts - 14
Inquiries - The most on my bureaus is 9 (EQ)

The Approval:
The approval was instant. SL 16k! Not my highest, but not bad. More than I need. This will not be an everyday card. I plan on using it for the benefits, especially the Visa Infinite $100 companion flight credit. I’ve been wanting this card for a while and this may be exactly what I need to keep me in the garden for 6 months (hopefully). Thank you to this forum for all posts on the Ritz. Hopefully this helps someone who is considering the Ritz Card too! 

-PointsYoda

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: NEW: Ritz Carlton - APPROVED!!

Congratulations on the approval! I've heard great things about that card. Enjoy!

Message 2 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks! I’m pretty juiced.

-PointsYoda

Message 3 of 16
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

Congrats on a great card and a very nice starting line!  Thanks for the data points as well, since your scores/util are not obvious "I'm going to be approved with a $16k SL" territory that will assuredly help those that may be on the fence.

Message 4 of 16
taekwon
Regular Contributor

Congratulations! I can understand your excitement. I was approved last week after being declined 14 months ago. Enjoy the card Smiley Wink

Starting Scores: EQ 598, EX 566, TU 550, 3/31/13 ....... Goal Score: 830
Current Scores: EQ 845, EX 841, TU 836 ..................... Inq: EQ: 0, EX: 1, TU: 1

Message 5 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@K-in-Boston wrote:

Congrats on a great card and a very nice starting line!  Thanks for the data points as well, since your scores/util are not obvious "I'm going to be approved with a $16k SL" territory that will assuredly help those that may be on the fence.

Thanks K! I personally like reading details, so I figured to include as much as I could.

Message 6 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@taekwon wrote:

Congratulations! I can understand your excitement. I was approved last week after being declined 14 months ago. Enjoy the card Smiley Wink

I’m excited about my wallet getting heavier. Haha. The simple things.

Message 7 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I’ve tried to stay in the garden, but alas...I lasted a mere 1 month.

The Application:
I completed the application through their mobile site on my iPhone. Please note, I am definitely over 5/24. That rule does not apply to this co-branded card.

The Pull:
A single pull on Equifax. I live in California. 

The Score:
FICO Score 8
690-714 Across EQ, TU, EX
Credit Utilization - approximately 29%
Open Accounts - 14
Inquiries - The most on my bureaus is 9 (EQ)

The Approval:
The approval was instant. SL 16k! Not my highest, but not bad. More than I need. This will not be an everyday card. I plan on using it for the benefits, especially the Visa Infinite $100 companion flight credit. I’ve been wanting this card for a while and this may be exactly what I need to keep me in the garden for 6 months (hopefully). Thank you to this forum for all posts on the Ritz. Hopefully this helps someone who is considering the Ritz Card too! 

-PointsYoda

Smiley Very Happy Keep it up dude... wtg congrats.

Message 8 of 16
BronzeTrader
Valued Contributor

Congrats!

Message 9 of 16
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

The force is strong with you, it isSmiley Happy
Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.