Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU :-)

tag
nubian7723
Established Member

Re: NFCU :-)

Thank you guys! I will post a follow up on the out come.

Message 31 of 47
Pilotdude
Established Contributor

@nubian7723 wrote:

Thank you guys! I will post a follow up on the out come.

Please do.  I will be very interested to learn how this plays out.  I hope in your favor!

NFCU #1 Fan!! NO MOAR APPS TIL 10/13 Minimum!!
TU -746, EX - 721, EQ -745
Cards:NFCU Flag Visa Sig $10000, CSP $8500, AMEX BCP $2000 Freedom $3500, Disc IT $5000, Cap 1 Green $2100, Credit 1 CLOSED! AU on Amex Green, Discover $2000, Cap One Plat $1000
Message 32 of 47
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

Having a new 15k limit will definately help your utilization. I actually had a score boost when I added a credit card last year
FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 33 of 47
RyVision
Valued Contributor

@nubian7723 wrote:

They had my permission to do the first initial pull, but not to pull my credit again today! They did not inform me that they were gonna pull my credit again today, this is my point!

I had 2 pulls for membership (not sure why) and 1 for a card, I asked them after I noticed it why they did 2 INQs on TU when I only became a member and applied for a card as well as an INQ on EQ, I didn't pursue the issue because it wasn't a big deal to me.  I soon forgot about it then later noticed 1 of the TU pulls had vanished.  

Maybe you can just call and explain, as others have mentioned doing, and get the second TU HP removed or changed to a soft.  They are pretty reasonable when helping customers.    But really, don't cancel the card, they won't remove the pull for that or 1 for membership.

[EDIT]: Also, an extra HP by NFCU in a short time frame won't really mean anything to NFCU's loan dept.  Even they know that they're pull happy. Smiley LOL

Oh, and yeah, they used to HP for starting new threads on this forum, but they quit after so many people complained.

Smiley LOL  Just kiding  Smiley LOL  They still HP for it.      Smiley Wink

AKA 840flippedto480
Message 34 of 47
bbb3601
Frequent Contributor

I am confused. You are in underwriting and your loan officer told you to apply for a new credit card.  Call me crazy, but that seems crazy. One would think that being in UW means the file cleared processing, credit, etc. Did they kick your file back? 

NFCU Cash Rewards 20,000,NFCU Plat 17,000, NavCheck 15,000, USAA Cash 4,000, USSA Rate Adv 2,000, USAA AMEX 3,500, Freedom 2,000, Capital One 2,000, Barclay's Apple 1,500, Barclay's Ring 1500, Various Store Cards.

Message 35 of 47
Cadillac-XTS
Established Contributor

+1

Message 36 of 47
RyVision
Valued Contributor

Being you're going through NFCU for the mortgage I'm hoping this won't impact it.  But I wonder if the loan officer meant to apply for a couple CCs later to boost your file and just didn't include the "Later" portion of the info. 

I hope you've been able to get them to remove at least 1 of the HPs and told them you were advised BY their loan officer to apply for a couple loan products WHILE you were in UW with them for a mortgage.   That would be an important note on your file being it's all within the same CU.

NFCU is generous and very personable but they can at times tend to muck things up by not talking to each other in work area from what I've seen. They usually do their best to fix it though, they keep very good logs and they WILL go through them on request.

AKA 840flippedto480
Message 37 of 47
nubian7723
Established Member

To answer everyone's question, NFCU not only removed the hard inquiries from both my Transunion and Equifax, but they also gave me a $5000.00 increase, which brought my $15000.00 limit to @20000.00. They realized that they made several mistakes with my account and fixed the problem right away. I absolutely love them! As for me going thru underwriting, they are aware of what was asked of me to do, so I'm not worried about that part at all. So far, everything looks like it's going in the right direction. I just needed NFCU to stop doing all these unnecessary hard pulls, which would have messed me up in the long run. So right now, I'm one happy camper!

Message 38 of 47
bbb3601
Frequent Contributor

FANTASTIC!!!! Glad it all turned out well for you!  Good luck with your new home

NFCU Cash Rewards 20,000,NFCU Plat 17,000, NavCheck 15,000, USAA Cash 4,000, USSA Rate Adv 2,000, USAA AMEX 3,500, Freedom 2,000, Capital One 2,000, Barclay's Apple 1,500, Barclay's Ring 1500, Various Store Cards.

Message 39 of 47
nubian7723
Established Member

Thanks @BB3601. I serve a awesome GOD!

Message 40 of 47
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.