Navy serving AJC Specials🙂

tag
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: Navy serving AJC Specials🙂

@UncleB wrote:

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:

@FinStar wrote:
Wait, you missed it so much that you're ok with $500?! I'm confused. You scorn PenFed or Citi for not growing, but you're ok with the NFCU (AJC) special? 🎁🤦‍♂️😄😄😄

So, ummmm are you gonna combine it again with the other one?

Lol, arent i a conundrumSmiley Happy

In this case its  ok because having this low limit card allows me to use it for small things. Plus, PF deserves my scorn lol. They gave me $500  on my Promise, i had to fight tooth and nail for a 1k hp cli increase after a year and they wouldnt nor wont give snymore after 2 years. Nsvy started me at $500 ,within 3 months i was increased to 5k and have been approved 4 cards, various increases,lower aprs after some time, transfering balances without hp, etc. How ive been treated with Navy is worth a $200 card compared to Pf. Citi, actually isnt too bad and im ok with my limits and i know that my overall exposure snd income hurt me more than anything but still would be nice to see any growth lol. My Discover AJC specials will slways hold $500 dear to meSmiley Wink. Now, who needs me to bash some Chase?😋

I'm a little late to the party with this one, but nice job!  screamer.gif

You know as well as the rest of us how Navy cards can grow, and I think that with a little time your "max exposure" will increase as well.  I know many here like to go 'fast and furious' with NFCU, but there's value in taking things slow as well... now that you have your Platinum again you'll be able to find out first-hand (if you want to, of course).  Oh, and to repeat what's already been said (even more), an approval is always better than a denial!  Smiley Wink

Like you say there can be value in a card even with a lower-credit line, and of course if you find yourself in a position where you need to park a BT for a while you can reallocate as well now that they are doing that again.  (I can't say enough good things about NFCU.)

TL;DR... huge congrats!  Smiley Very Happy

LIKE-A-BOSS.jpg

Thanks UncleB, indeed, now its time to let Navy breathe Smiley Happy 

Message 51 of 72
Anonymous
Not applicable

AJC ... maybe one of those Pentagon types can find you an active military slot somewhere else in the world! Remember, "join the Navy and see the world." Smiley Frustrated

Message 52 of 72
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks LL, somedays i wish i could just go all $500 cards and keep 1 biggie but i need to have some leeway in case i need to float an emergency like car repair or something. 2019 i really need to start looking at my Sync profile and start shedding some weightSmiley Wink

That's sort of my long term goal as well... once I get past my current financial crisis, finish gardening, and get things where I want, I'll probably wind up with one low limit card ($500) for gas/groceries/dining like I have now, a middle limit card ($1500... my Amazon Prime Visa fits this slot) that has different rewards and can cover larger purchases and times when the $500 card is maxed or I'm waiting for a balance to report... and one higher limit card for emergencies or travel.  Currently that's my $2000 limit Travel Rewards but is subject to change in the future.

Message 53 of 72
Blackswizz750
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Try to move some money over from your other card.  It would be like undoing what you felt was a mistake and it only took one hard pull to do so.

At the same time, now you have a CC you can use for internet purchases without the worry of astronomical fraudulent charges.

+1 This.  One reason i like @Anonymous methodologySmiley Wink. Actually im content for now on the limits. If Navy wants to give more later, this is the card to growSmiley Happy

Congrats on the approval!  Like others have said, $500 is better than nothing.  Heck, I put just about everything on my $500 limit card.  Not only to control spending, but for the "fraud protection".  I'd rather stick a $500 limit card into a gas pump than a $5k card... less the scumbag thieves can get away with!

Now, unlike mine, yours will grow one day, just like your Paypal MC...

That is why I keep my low limit Cap One card around. The limits are small but less drama to deal with if skimmed.

Message 54 of 72
JoeLuvsHisCredit
Valued Contributor

congrats.gifcongratulations-star-graphic.gif

Message 55 of 72
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Thanks JoeSmiley Happy Your congrats are getting flashierSmiley Wink
Message 56 of 72
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Maybe just maybe Disco and Navy were talking about you and your "AJC Specials" and said hey why not keep it at $500?

Message 57 of 72
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Yes, FM1, Navy sponsers the Disco Ball, go figureSmiley Wink

On a side note , lol, saw a person at work using their Cash Rewards cardSmiley Happy Tske that Chase!
Message 58 of 72
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

Congrats Joe

After reading your post, I immediately thought of the song "If I were a rich man" sung by Topol and later Zero Mostel from Fiddler on the Roof

>3/2016 EX 644 CK-TU 642 CK-EQ 660 WalMart- 671.
>5/2023 All 3 reports 840ish (F8) F9s = 850 but my app finger is still twitching
Message 59 of 72
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have to admit, I'm quite jealous!!!
Message 60 of 72
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.