Not applicable

Re: New Member of HSBC

good luck everyone
Message 11 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@DaveInAZ wrote:

Congratulations! I was also approved last week, only a $2500 CL but more than enough for the $150 spend bonus and 6 months of 2% rewards, after which it won't get much use.

Now the fun part - creating an online account on hsbc.com. First rule: Don't be in a hurry. I tried to create an account as soon as I got the card, I'm the opposite of a procrastinator. Smiley Wink Among other things it asks for the card # & PIN, which I thought was stupid as a CC doesn't have a PIN. So I called the phone # displayed on the screen - at least 10 minutes of security screening, including sending me a text message with code. I gave the rep the cell # I was calling on, but she said she couldn't verify it as a U.S. # (it's Verizon), so she sent a recording w/code to my landline. Finally all set, and she had to send a link to my email and a temp password text message to the cell # they couldn't use a few minutes before. Smiley LOL

But you know what? They did send me a PIN, came in the mail yesterday, 10 days after I got the card. So it will be much easier to wait until you get the PIN to create an online account. Once you do setup an account, I had to use Chat to figure out how to add an external account to pay the CC with - with your CC account displayed, click the text "View Details" in the upper right. That opens a new tab where you can add external accounts and make payments to the CC.

Working with HSBC is a adventure. . . .

Thanks for this info. Waiting on my card too. Apped 11/18 and approved on 11/24. I'm like you, I want to set up online banking right away. I guess I'll just wait for the PIN through snail mail. Thanks for the info on adding external account.

Message 12 of 20
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Congrats on your approvalSmiley Happy
Message 13 of 20
SBR249
Established Contributor

@DaveInAZ wrote:

Congratulations! I was also approved last week, only a $2500 CL but more than enough for the $150 spend bonus and 6 months of 2% rewards, after which it won't get much use.

Now the fun part - creating an online account on hsbc.com. First rule: Don't be in a hurry. I tried to create an account as soon as I got the card, I'm the opposite of a procrastinator. Smiley Wink Among other things it asks for the card # & PIN, which I thought was stupid as a CC doesn't have a PIN. So I called the phone # displayed on the screen - at least 10 minutes of security screening, including sending me a text message with code. I gave the rep the cell # I was calling on, but she said she couldn't verify it as a U.S. # (it's Verizon), so she sent a recording w/code to my landline. Finally all set, and she had to send a link to my email and a temp password text message to the cell # they couldn't use a few minutes before. Smiley LOL

But you know what? They did send me a PIN, came in the mail yesterday, 10 days after I got the card. So it will be much easier to wait until you get the PIN to create an online account. Once you do setup an account, I had to use Chat to figure out how to add an external account to pay the CC with - with your CC account displayed, click the text "View Details" in the upper right. That opens a new tab where you can add external accounts and make payments to the CC.

Working with HSBC is a adventure. . . .

Sounds like HSBC is bringing over some security practices from the UK haha. I bank with Barclays and Nationwide in the UK and every time logging into my online account is like that. Put in your sort code and bank account number or customer number -> enter your memorable word/place/person -> enter the 1st, 4th, and 5th digit of your passcode or take out your debit card and put it into a card reader, enter your PIN, generate a one time code, enter code -> log on. Sometimes you have to do the whole thing again when you try to view your online statement. They take that fraud stuff seriously Smiley LOL

Message 14 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on the approval! Hopefully it's a nice SL for you Smiley Happy

Message 15 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Card arrived today $1000 love the look of this card last card for I started this year 2017 with 0 cards
Message 16 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

This bank works fast got my statement a day after I get my card with a surprise free fico score on statement 715 😆 says pulled from fico score NG1 based on Equifax.
Message 17 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just got my welcome package today with 3 blank checks
Message 18 of 20
Adkins
Legendary Contributor

Nice! Congratulations!

Last HP 08-07-2023

Message 19 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Evening all - I've been a busy beaver with CC apps ever since my scores went into the 770 range and all my HP's for 2 yrs fell off (except 1) and just added another with Barclays that got rejected - but am awaiting "the LETTER" and once I see their reasons, will call their recon line and see if that can be salvaged? -

Moving onto this topic "HSBC" - I bank with them in London, but they'll not mix my UK and US accounts - which sux as I have a 985 Vantage 1000 UK score over there -- but applied for their basic Gold MasterCard as I need about $10K to do something with my business (puts me well about $100K in LoC) (by the way, I see "PC" allot lately on this site? what does that stand for?)

Anyway - I wen thru their application online - and it is a nightmare compared to others as ppl have stated - And got to the home stretch and it gave me 6 'verification Q's' to answer - the first 2 I breezed right thru - and then the last 4 I can only describe as Q3A and Q3B then Q4A and Q4B - but the 6th and 4th questions were 'dollar amounts' attached to the prior questions #5 and #3 (does that make any sense?)

In other words - If the answer to Q4 was "none of the above" - they'd then ask "how much money do you have in Barclays from Q4" - Well? I just said I don't have a Barclays account (for that) so answer "None of the above" - then moved onto the Next Q5 and it said I opened a Mortgage in FEB 2018 and asked which bank I used? Huh? I've got 2 mortgages (one US from 1996 for 30 yrs still) and one in London with (ironically) HSBC but that's from 2013 - so once again I answered Q5 "none of the above" - yet Q6 then asked "how much is your mortgage payment for Q5?" - and I'm like thinking - are they even looking at MY records? - So I felt the 'answer' coming after 4 "None above" answers - and sure enough - they declined -- I then got an email saying they declined my request b/c they couldn't verify my identity -

So I rang the 800# and gave the guy my case number and he said "we pull those questions straight off your credit reports" and so you need to review those for any inaccuracies as I can't help you - But know it DID NOT impact your credit (they didn't verify my ID - so didn't get to the HP part I guess - PHEW) and he said the only option he could think of was to call back 9-5 and apply over the phone but have all my reports in front of me so I could answer the questions "correctly" - Grrrrr - Do you not think I'd know if I took out a mortgage in 2013 or opened a Barclays CHARGE card? I even told him "I know you're gonna trust the computer over me - but I'm telling you - these questions are "not me" - somethings wrong and you all have your wires crossed somehow?! - Of course, he couldn't have cared less and wished me a good day.. (in fairness, HSBC London treat me like a king - so I have to tread lightly with my criticism) as I bought a £999,900 home in London (for sale if anyone's interested :-P) and only put 10% down b/c of my 'premiere status' with HSBC UK - I even tried to get him to pull my UK records to back that to help me in getting a US version of a card here (I have 3 there with my Brit Air one being just the best - Free upgrades all the time and AVIOS pts are the most coveted in the airline travel pts game as you can't trade or get them any other way than by travel or CC 'deals') -

Anyway - So I plan on ringing HSBC tomorrow to see WTH is going on - as there's one other person on this planet with my exact name (I'm Norwegian so it's very unique) as that's the only thing I can think of - But the do ask for you DL and work address and phone bills and passport etc - It's a pretty intense application compared to most others?

So I see above posts of ppl having ID verification issues too - and since there's no branches where I live or within a million miles - Any suggestions as how BEST to proceed here? They pull from EQ which is pretty strong (786 with 1 HP and 4% UTIL and 100% PIF (usually) payment record) ... so feel (Like I did with Barclays (*COUGH*) that I have a good chance having an 'established banking relationship" - but learned the hard way just b/c you have bank accounts with HSBC and Barclays, that meant nothing to the CC app ppl in the end... Smiley Sad Sigh...

Thoughts?

TIA -

BB Smiley Happy
Message 20 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.