cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OMG! Back in w/ USAA 5 1/2yrs post BK/DC :)

tag
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

OMG! Back in w/ USAA 5 1/2yrs post BK/DC :)

Call in luck, divine intervention, whatever you want...but,  OMG,  Im back in with them!!! (another one scratched off my list)

So, yes, my garden stent was a little shortened, but better than usual, LOL. Every time Ive applied in the past, (yes I know their BK policy, but that usually never stops me from continuing to try), Ive always applied for the card I wanted, and immediately get denied but counter offered their secure card, which I deny. Their policy is if you IIB them, 7 yrs from DC date before they let you have unsecured credit again. 

Well, currently they are re-vamping their secured card, and its not even available to apply for, so I started thinking....mmmm, wonder if I apply, and they usually counter the secured, what would happen. So I did...INSTANT APPROVAL!! I was floored!  I have no idea why I was approved this time, and earlier than expected,  but I have an idea it may have to do with my EX report getting a little better. Last month score was 662 and I still had 6 negative accts, (IIB) showing. This month, I got EE  and all 6 were deleted and score jumped to 687, so the only negative showing on that report is my BK in PR, which stays on for 4 more years. 

Needless to say, Im very happy and they will be treated well this time aroundSmiley Happy

STATS:

~CO for $7k in 2012,  that was IIB in a BK7 2013

~pulled EX- 687

~Overal Util reporting- 1%

~No negative accts, all positive, except BK in PR

~INQ at least 60-80, I have no idea actually, lol

~Been with them since 1991, have car/rental/etc.. and savings. 

Screen Shot 2019-01-12 at 5.26.24 PM.pngScreen Shot 2019-01-12 at 5.27.22 PM.png

Message 1 of 34
33 REPLIES 33
Cred4All
Valued Contributor

Re: OMG! Back in w/ USAA 5 1/2yrs post BK/DC :)

That's an awesome approval, congrats on the success pizza1!!!  Good improvement profile wise also!

Message 2 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats Pizza1!    As a non military person and no way to get full membership with USAA, can I still apply for a credit card if I open a checking account with the $25 minimum?  I think I once read the APR might be a little higher for non military and full members.  My mother was in Viet Nam but she never had insurance with USAA.

Message 3 of 34
Gmood1
Super Contributor

Pizza! Pizza! You've been on a roll lately! What gardening? I couldn't tell.😂

Congrats on the USAA win! One of the best lenders out there IMHO.

Message 4 of 34
Jnbmom
Credit Mentor

Congrats that is awesome!!!!!!!

EXP 780 EQ 791TU 795
Message 5 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations!

I need to get on my dad to get insurance with USAA so I can get a credit card 🤣

Message 6 of 34
padme
Established Contributor

congrats, youve come so far.

Message 7 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

CONGRATU-FREAKING-LATIONS Pizza!!!! I just got in with USAA and I'm loving them! Smiley Happy

Message 8 of 34
tussking
Established Contributor

Congrats and amazing! Do you think they've changed approval guidelines for 2019? Also how do you get any approvals with 60-80 inq's?

Discharged BK7 - 7.16.15
Current Fico8 - (8.2022) EX - 744/EQ - 728/TU - 740
Message 9 of 34
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@tussking wrote:

Congrats and amazing! Do you think they've changed approval guidelines for 2019? Also how do you get any approvals with 60-80 inq's?

Idk..just lucky I guess...and I have a really thick credit report, with virutally no utilzation.  Its possible they might be opening doors up to folks who burned them in the past, could be a YMMV situation. Who knows! 

Message 10 of 34
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.