Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Odds of Costco Anywhere Visa Approval?? - Update: Approved

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Odds of Costco Anywhere Visa Approval?? - Update: Approved

So ive been eyeing this card(Costco Anywhere Visa Card) for some time but not sure if i should go ahead and pull the trigger and apply. Just looking for some different opinions or maybe anyone that has a similar credit profile as me and has applied ? 

Transunion: 708 / 3 inq

Equifax: 709/ 1 inq

Experian: 712/ 5 inq

I have a total of 8 Credit Cards 

my current utilization is at 7% and i have two cards that are less than 6 months old , Amex and the other being the Citi Best Buy Visa which is only 2 months old and has 20% utilization with a limit of $1000

AAoA: 9 months 

No Baddies 

My main concern is that my AAoA is to low and that i recently opened the Citi Best Buy Visa card and that they might want to see how i treat that card first before giving me another one. The best buy visa is my only Citi card. 

Tell me what you guys think! this is my first post btw so sorry if im missing anything beforehand. Thanks!

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: Odds of Costco Anywhere Visa Approval??

Profile looks good albeit thin. I think its worth the risk of hp . If you keep apping elsewhere than no because too many inquiries. Good luck
Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

So here is my history.

I opened a secure card Sep 2017, had that for 6 months and I got 3 un secured cards in 2 months, Credit one $400, my bank’s card called PNC rewards card $1000. Capital one $500. So I had all that for most of my history. My capital one card got an auto CLI in Jun to $1500. And I applied for Chase Sapphire preferred in Aug 2018 and I got the card. At the time of applying I was 713 TU.

So with 713 TU, 9 months old, at the time only $2900 total limit, I got the CSP with $5000 limit. Granted it wasn’t instant approval, I applied in person in branch just in  case it wasn’t, so the chase guy called and got it approved. At the time my inquires were: EQ 2, TU 2, EX 5

That was in Aug 2018. Last week I applied on line for Amex SPG, and I got instantly approved with $6000 limit. Now my total limit is $15,900,

Current info

EQ 738; TU 735; EX 723,

Inquires: EQ 2, TU 3, EX 6

I can’t say I’m that experienced on this but, if I can get CSP with 713, You can probably get Costco card with 700+.

Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

thanks for the info ! i think im gonna go for it and ill keep you guys posted. 

Message 4 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

So just an update guys , I ended up applying in store about 2 days ago and got instantly approved for $6000 ! Which now makes it my card with the highest CL . However I believe my scores had updated and were around 730 and not the initial 708-712 that I first mentioned .
Message 5 of 11
MrPSS
Regular Contributor

Wow, congrats on the new card and nice SL!

Current: Gardening...

FICO 8: EX:TU:EQ:

As of Aug 2020. Total CL: $46,600; Goal: $50,000
Message 6 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Odds of Costco Anywhere Visa Approval?? - Update: Approved

Congrats on your approval and nice SL!

tenor.gif

Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats! Seems we kind of have a similar history.

I plan on get the Costco card in the future as well. 

Message 8 of 11
CountryLivin
Valued Contributor

Congratulations!

Message 9 of 11
xaximus
Valued Contributor

Congrats on the approval and great SL!

Scores - All bureaus 770 +
TCL - Est. $410K
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.