Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PenFed Approval

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

PenFed Approval

after being approved for a Chase Southwest card a few weeks ago, I thought I'd try my luck with the Amazon Prime card.  Declined due to too many inquiries or opened accounts with chase.  Oh well... I was reading around in here today and decided to join PenFed - Immediately then applied for the Cash Rewards Visa... not really thinking it would work out.  Well it did!  although it's only a $1500 SL, I'm happy to be in with them.  I really need to garden for a while and let these grow.

Anyway - FICO info below (from CCT)

Thanks again for all your help, information and encouragement!

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: PenFed Approval

Congrats on the approval!!

PenFed has their own scoring model, fyi, so your Eq may be a little over or under what your normal Fico would be

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

after being approved for a Chase Southwest card a few weeks ago, I thought I'd try my luck with the Amazon Prime card.  Declined due to too many inquiries or opened accounts with chase.  Oh well... I was reading around in here today and decided to join PenFed - Immediately then applied for the Cash Rewards Visa... not really thinking it would work out.  Well it did!  although it's only a $1500 SL, I'm happy to be in with them.  I really need to garden for a while and let these grow.

Anyway - FICO info below (from CCT)

Thanks again for all your help, information and encouragement!

Congrats on the approval. Keep an eye out for pre-approvals every quarter. You can be pre-approved for a CLI or for another card. If you don't want another card, you can use that pre-approval to increase the limit on your existing card. 

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

You should get a survey as well. If you want a higher CL, I'd mention that you were disappointed in the SL. Welcome to PenFed. 

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

That's awesome. Just so I'm clear, if I get a pre-approval for another card but would just prefer a cli, I accept the new card and then move the SL to my existing?

I'll definitely be on the lookout for that survey!

Thanks again!
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Great card for sure, Enjoy!!!  Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.