Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PenFed Pathfinder AMEX Approval

tag
MachoHombre
Regular Contributor

PenFed Pathfinder AMEX Approval

Wasn't looking for new cards as my INQ's are up and my AAOA is down due to recent cards.

But, this card looked good/appealing and supposedly they pull EQ which had the fewest INQ's of the three.

EQ = mid 700's;   Approval wasn't instant, they had some questions and asked me to email ID verification (standard on most recent apps for me).  OH, for some reason they HP'd me twice on consecutive days.   I may see if one can be removed.

PenFedAppvd.JPG

***This is my first exposure to PenFed (or anyCU) (all advice welcome).  They asked me to put 5dollars in a PenFed savings account to enact membership after I was approved.

***SL = 10K and the agent half apologized saying that's the max they give on new cards but with relationship it can/will go up.

***Looking for advice on how to maximize all good things with PenFed.   When/how to ask for CLI or add cards etc etc etc.   Not against moving funds to checking and savings if is a key to earning Luv (but likely won't abandon my long term relationship with BofA).

***Meanwhile, will wait for this card to arrive then likely keep it warm with light duty stuff.   Maybe more organic spend if it feels good.

||
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

Re: PenFed Pathfinder AMEX Approval

"......***Meanwhile, will wait for this card to arrive then likely keep it warm with light duty stuff.   Maybe more organic spend if it feels good."

Might as well honker down for a bit.  Penfed cards usually take 2 - 4 weeks to arrive

Congrats

>3/2016 EX 644 CK-TU 642 CK-EQ 660 WalMart- 671.
>5/2023 All 3 reports 840ish (F8) F9s = 850 but my app finger is still twitching
Message 2 of 13
Pikaboo-icu
Valued Contributor

Congrats to you.  00bravosmiley.gif

Welcome to the PenFed family..

There's a LOOONG thread about all things  PF, cli's and the like.. PenFed Thread

Message 3 of 13
stephenskd
New Contributor

congrats!!!

Message 4 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your approval !!!!

Message 5 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

MIne took exactly 1 week. Approved last Tuesday 8/28 & it arrived earlier today.  

Congrats on the approval!!

Message 6 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on the approval!Smiley Very Happy

Message 7 of 13
MachoHombre
Regular Contributor

@Pikaboo-icu wrote:

<snip>

There's a LOOONG thread about all things  PF, cli's and the like.. PenFed Thread

Wow, now there is some reading material and a lot of info.   Much appreciated, thank you.   

Seems 10K is max total CL over all products for new members for 6mos (at this point in time).   I'll sit tight and see how the card feels, maybe in the months ahead I'll consider doing more with them including savings/checking and auto.  

||
Message 8 of 13
xaximus
Valued Contributor

Congrats on the approval!

Scores - All bureaus 770 +
TCL - Est. $410K
Message 9 of 13
MachoHombre
Regular Contributor

**3 HPs for a single app**

Update:  Got all the acceptance emails, my account shows on their website, card is on the way yada yada.

Started wondering why I was getting multiple INQ alerts from the credit monitoring folks, assumed they were duplicates but then tooked under the hood.

!@#$  3 HPs from PenFed for a single app !@#@$

PenFed_HPs3s.JPG

That's nearly 50% of my EQ HPs for the last 24months!!!    All within a few days of each other, all for the singe (ONE) app.

Before contacting them, I'm trying to figure out what might have happened?   Is a second HP for becoming a member? (seems unlikely).   

**Curious if others have experienced the same?, curious if others have wisdom on best way to attempt to get a couple of these removed.    I know it's petty, but I work hard to avoid HPs and sure didn't see this coming.

||
Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.