Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reached Bank of America's $99.9K Cap

tag
Aim_High
Super Contributor

Reached Bank of America's $99.9K Cap

Well, what a surprise today. Smiley Very Happy  I was approved for Bank of America's Premium Rewards card in July ($18K.)  I also have a Cash Rewards card that dates to June 2000 (originally a Bankamericard Visa) and had slowly grown to $70K.  Since the July approval, both BofA and Citi have denied all further CLI requests due to opening several new accounts this year.   Still, they're both soft pull requests so I've continued to hit them up periodically even though I thought I'd have to wait a few more months for success.

Today, I asked again for a CLI on my Cash Rewards card from $70K to $90K, even though I knew most members have been capped at $99.9K total exposure and that would have put me over.  They approved me for $11,900 additional credit, bringing my Cash Rewards card to $81,900 ... and my total Bank of America credit exposure to exactly $99,900

I've used both my BofA cards regularly but not particularly heavy beyond the Premium Rewards SUB spend of $3K in 90 days.  For data point records, my TU Fico 08 as reported by Bank of America on 11/20/2020 was 844.  Besides 20+ year history as a customer, I moved investments into Merrill Lynch this year to qualify for the Platinum Honors level of Preferred Rewards.  I also have checking and savings accounts but no loans.  High income, low credit utilization, low DTI.

Bank_of_America_Cash_Rewards_CLI_20201217.jpg

Business Cards

Length of Credit > 40 years; Total Credit Limits >$898K
Top Lender TCL - Chase 156.4 - BofA 99.7 - AMEX 95.0 - CITI 94.5 - NFCU 80.0
AoOA > 30 years (Jun 1993); AoYA (Feb 2024)
* Hover cursor over cards to see name & CL, or press & hold on mobile app.
Message 1 of 51
50 REPLIES 50
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Re: Reached Bank of America's $99.9K Cap

Congratulations on your CLI!
Message 2 of 51
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Congrats on the increase

Message 3 of 51
Aim_High
Super Contributor

@AllZero wrote:
Congratulations on your CLI!

@simplynoir wrote:

Congrats on the increase

Thanks @AllZero and @simplynoir

I'm still amazed at your recent CLI to $120K with Bank of America and the screenshot, @simplynoir! Smiley Surprised You're probably one of the few of us who have broken that cap!  I'll probably never have the status or spend to get higher, but I feel blessed to have what they've given and it's more than I should ever really need. 

Business Cards

Message 4 of 51
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nice!  Glad to see another 99.9 on the forum.  I would think though with your profile based on the criteria that you gave that you'd be the type of customer that could push past that ceiling.  I guess the only constraint would be your lack of significant spend relative to others on this forum that have referenced breaking through that ceiling.

Message 5 of 51
barca
Regular Contributor

congratulations. 

welcome to the 99.9K club

Message 6 of 51
Aim_High
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Nice!  Glad to see another 99.9 on the forum.  I would think though with your profile based on the criteria that you gave that you'd be the type of customer that could push past that ceiling.  I guess the only constraint would be your lack of significant spend relative to others on this forum that have referenced breaking through that ceiling.

Thanks, @Anonymous.  Yes, you would think!  But they do really like to see that high level of spend or assets to give more.  The example of @simplynoir's Premium Rewards increase to $120K showed his current balance of $95,441 and last payment of $54,993!*   But that appeared to be supported by DW's business spending, not personal spending.  I will probably never give them that kind of spend!  Still, for most of us, that $99.9K is a LOT of credit.   I'm pleased.  

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Card-Approvals/BofA-Premium-Rewards-CLI-120k-CL/td-p/6190678

Business Cards

Message 7 of 51
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Well well, grats on getting the CLI and your total exposure to nearly 100K!!

Message 8 of 51
Anonymous
Not applicable

One hell off a CL! Congratulations!

Message 9 of 51
cashorcharge
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Great news @Aim_High !!!  Congratulations to you!!!

Message 10 of 51
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.