Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rebuilder multi-APPROVALS! :)

tag
numba1fan
Regular Contributor

Re: Rebuilder multi-APPROVALS! :)

That is AWESOME! Congratulations! That gives me hope!

Message 11 of 26
Brooklyn2018
Valued Contributor

Welp, you’re not in Kansas anymore, that’s for sure!!😂

Congrats on your tornado 🌪 of Approvals!!👍👍

Best of Luck!!!

😊

Goal Score: 600(within a year)**MET MY GOAL** | Goal Score: 700**MET MY GOAL** | Goal score: 800
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

>

I❤️NY
Message 12 of 26
RonM21
Valued Contributor

Congrats on your Journey! Now you want to build on what you have with smart decisions and being responsible. You don't want your hard work in this process going to waste.

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 13 of 26
19eighty5
Senior Contributor

Congratulations on your approvals!

FICO 8 (Feb 2018):EX- 519, TU- 530, EQ- 545
FICO 8 (Sept 2022):EX- 706, TU- 685, EQ- 684
What's in my wallet:

Message 14 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

@RonM21 wrote:
Congrats on your Journey! Now you want to build on what you have with smart decisions and being responsible. You don't want your hard work in this process going to waste.

Yep.  I've had much better cards than these before, and I managed the heck out of them for at least ten years, but sometimes your bosses just don't think their employees need jobs any more.  Sigh.  I will keep these cards until the day I die, if I can, but that doesn't mean they need to get a lot of use.  I'm just going to use a couple of them like debit cards and let them grow.  It seems so counterintuitive that being frugal means you have to open up credit card accounts, but if that means I can save money on mortgages, car loans, etc., then so be it.

Message 15 of 26
RonM21
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@RonM21 wrote:

Yep.  I've had much better cards than these before, and I managed the heck out of them for at least ten years, but sometimes your bosses just don't think their employees need jobs any more.  Sigh.  I will keep these cards until the day I die, if I can, but that doesn't mean they need to get a lot of use.  I'm just going to use a couple of them like debit cards and let them grow.  It seems so counterintuitive that being frugal means you have to open up credit card accounts, but if that means I can save money on mortgages, car loans, etc., then so be it.

Sounds good to me!  Best of luck on your growth!

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 16 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

Message 17 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

@numba1fan wrote:
That is AWESOME! Congratulations! That gives me hope!

You are more than welcome to PM me for some tips/advice, though of course our situations could be quite different!

Message 18 of 26
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

Yeah, I wasn't settling for sub-prime cards either. Something to note, cap1 and discover bucket accounts so it's best to get your scores up before applying for another one from them. Also, growth may be slow or not there with them because of the bucketing.

Message 19 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Brian_Earl_Spilner wrote:

Yeah, I wasn't settling for sub-prime cards either. Something to note, cap1 and discover bucket accounts so it's best to get your scores up before applying for another one from them. Also, growth may be slow or not there with them because of the bucketing.

Yup.  I just don't care enough about Discover or Capital One, so if they don't grow, I'm all set with NFCU and PenFed, which WILL grow.  But Discover and CO were the best options to get unsecured cards, so I took them.  I use them, pay them off once a month before the due date (Why do people insist on paying multiple times a month?  It makes no difference as long as it's paid before the next statement cut date, y'all...), and let them report.  The fact that they're there is enough to give me healthy credit score boosts.

Message 20 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.