cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SallieMae APR Reduction and CLI

Auto Loans for ANY Credit Situation. Immediate Response.
Advertiser disclosure
Highlighted
Established Contributor

SallieMae APR Reduction and CLI

Well its been a love hate relationship between me and Barclay because my card doesn't seem to grow no matter how much spend I put on it.

Today I decided to try the APR/CLI trick and call and ask if there were any offers on my SallieMae.

 

Instantly she said there was and transferred me to another person.

She offered me a 1% apr reduction which I took - so 20.49% to 19.49% apr/cash advance (I received almost same apr reduction on 10/15 from 20.99% to 19.99%)

I asked if there was a SP CLI offer by chance and she said there was, I verified again that it would be a SP and she said yes and asked for my Annual Income.

She came back and said $500 and my new CL would be $1900 within the next 5 minutes.

 

Data Point..

SL 1200

10/15 $200 CLI

7/16 $500 CLI

 

I will take anything I can get from Barclay. This card will continue to be my 5% $250 Groceries/Gas and $750 amazon card until I find something else. 

Thanks to myFico for helping me rebuild and continue on the journey to Winning The Credit Game.
Plastiq Get 500 FFDs. 1225384 Acorns July 2019 53FTE4
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Moderator

Re: SallieMae APR Reduction and CLI

Congrats.. Good enough limit for the purpose of the card and wasn't a HPSmiley Happy

Message 2 of 13
Senior Contributor

Re: SallieMae APR Reduction and CLI

Congrats! Every time I try this, they just tell me I'm already at the lowest APR and I can't get past the front line. Barclays really doesn't like me.

Message 3 of 13
Super Contributor

Re: SallieMae APR Reduction and CLI

congrats op, anything gained in terms of soft pull cli with barlcays is great and getting the apr reduced even just a little is an accomplishment in my book. i cant ever get past the front line CSR either like Captool said. they hurry me off the phone always lol. nice work! 

Message 4 of 13
Established Contributor

Re: SallieMae APR Reduction and CLI

Here is the magic number I called, lets hope it works like my Sam's Club Mastercard Phone number Smiley Very Happy

 

1-866-585-2951

Ask if there are any offers on my account for an APR reduction.

 

I imagine it depends on when the last time you called in and possibly TU score.

I am pretty sure I called a few months ago and got the same "You already have the lowest APR"

 

On a side note....

The other night I logged into my account and it asked me to update/verify my email address and income. Maybe that's some kind of a SP trigger.

Thanks to myFico for helping me rebuild and continue on the journey to Winning The Credit Game.
Plastiq Get 500 FFDs. 1225384 Acorns July 2019 53FTE4
Message 5 of 13
Senior Contributor

Re: SallieMae APR Reduction and CLI


@JamP wrote:

Here is the magic number I called, lets hope it works like my Sam's Club Mastercard number Smiley Very Happy

 

1-866-585-2951

Ask if there are any offers on my account for an APR reduction.

 

I imagine it depends on when the last time you called in and possibly TU score.

I am pretty sure I called a few months ago and got the same "You already have the lowest APR"

 

On a side note....

The other night I logged into my account and it asked me to update/verify my email address and income. Maybe that's some kind of a SP trigger.


That's one of multiple numbers I've tried. I did get the income verification thing a couple weeks ago, though, and the last time I tried calling in was April. HMM...

Message 6 of 13
Senior Contributor

Re: SallieMae APR Reduction and CLI

Well, I'll be damned! Just tried it again, and got the APR reduced from 14.24% to 10.24% and the CL raised from $2K to $3K. Thanks for the impetus!

Message 7 of 13
Established Contributor

Re: SallieMae APR Reduction and CLI


@CAPTOOL wrote:

Well, I'll be damned! Just tried it again, and got the APR reduced from 14.24% to 10.24% and the CL raised from $2K to $3K. Thanks for the impetus!


Wow CAPTOOL thats amazing, Congratz on that APR reduction, thats definitely something to be excited about even if you PIF. 

 

Something for me to look forward to.

 

I love the card, I just wish it had a $5k credit line lol

Thanks to myFico for helping me rebuild and continue on the journey to Winning The Credit Game.
Plastiq Get 500 FFDs. 1225384 Acorns July 2019 53FTE4
Message 8 of 13
Senior Contributor

Re: SallieMae APR Reduction and CLI


@JamP wrote:

@CAPTOOL wrote:

Well, I'll be damned! Just tried it again, and got the APR reduced from 14.24% to 10.24% and the CL raised from $2K to $3K. Thanks for the impetus!


Wow CAPTOOL thats amazing, Congratz on that APR reduction, thats definitely something to be excited about even if you PIF. 

 

Something for me to look forward to.

 

I love the card, I just wish it had a $5k credit line lol


Yeah, I wish mine was higher. It's my lowest limit card. And I had to recon and close another card just to get the starting line of $2K.

Message 9 of 13
Established Contributor

Re: SallieMae APR Reduction and CLI


@CAPTOOL wrote:

@JamP wrote:

@CAPTOOL wrote:

Well, I'll be damned! Just tried it again, and got the APR reduced from 14.24% to 10.24% and the CL raised from $2K to $3K. Thanks for the impetus!


Wow CAPTOOL thats amazing, Congratz on that APR reduction, thats definitely something to be excited about even if you PIF. 

 

Something for me to look forward to.

 

I love the card, I just wish it had a $5k credit line lol


Yeah, I wish mine was higher. It's my lowest limit card. And I had to recon and close another card just to get the starting line of $2K.


CAPTOOL, everytime you want to close it, I will try to be there to remind you not to lol

 

The card is one of a kind and they gave me a chance when I only had a cap1 secured card.

 

 

Thanks to myFico for helping me rebuild and continue on the journey to Winning The Credit Game.
Plastiq Get 500 FFDs. 1225384 Acorns July 2019 53FTE4
Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.