Sportsman Guide Visa Approval!!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Sportsman Guide Visa Approval!!!

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Ok, I was bored, browsing the Comenity Sites where they offer Visa accounts.  I went to the Sportsman Guide, put a couple of items in my cart, went to check out as a guest, guess what, a pre approval for their Visa card.  I entered the last 4 digits of my SS, DOB and income and when I pressed enter, I was approved.  It didn't tell me my limit, however, I went into Comenity's website, got the number and called....$2500.00!   Wow too easy and a soft pull at that!   My credit score is hovering close to 700. If that helps.

Thanks members for all the great information on this board! So valuable!  I hope sharing my success will help others!

Congrats on your success!  Smiley Very Happy  Welcome to the Sportsman Guide Visa group!  No worries, it was a sp.  Never got an hp for this account.  Smiley Wink

I got one 8 days ago. Their new policy is to do hard pulls for Visas. Not getting one is just luck.

I guess I'll play lotto tonight!  Smiley Wink

Message 11 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

CAPTOOL I've checked my  Equifax report today and  it's was a soft pull for the Sportsman Guide Visa.  It is hard to believe that a Visa card would be extended without a hard pull but it does happen.  

Message 12 of 34
taxi818
Super Contributor

Congrats. but hate to burst that bubble. its no longer sp. you will see the hp show up tomorrow or next day. all comenity visa and mastercard cards are now hp. even though you went thru the SCT. but hey. you did get $2500 limit. good luck.

Edit i thought same thing on my Total rewards. only the next day did it show up. I saw the sp on my report too. much in the end. it was still a hp.

Message 13 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

@taxi818 wrote:

Congrats. but hate to burst that bubble. its no longer sp. you will see the hp show up tomorrow or next day. all comenity visa and mastercard cards are now hp. even though you went thru the SCT. but hey. you did get $2500 limit. good luck.

Yep, mine took a little over a day to show up. Never did get an alert from MyFico monitoring, but CK was all over it.

Message 14 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

This is incorrect. I was approved in May for $4500. Definitely a SP. Please stop spreading this bad information. 

@taxi818 wrote:

Edit i thought same thing on my Total rewards. only the next day did it show up. I saw the sp on my report too. much in the end. it was still a hp.

Message 15 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats. Its a great one to have. Keep an eye out for balance transfers it's nice to have that in the back pocket
Message 16 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

This is incorrect. I was approved in May for $4500. Definitely a SP. Please stop spreading this bad information. 

@taxi818 wrote:

It's been 2 weeks and no hp for me.  I'm expecting my card on Monday/Tuesday.

Message 17 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!

In my wallet: Venture 15k; Barclay Ring 12.5k; Discover 10k; CareCredit 7.7k; Amazon Store Card 5k. QS 5k; Band of A Travel Rewards 3.5k; Bank of A Travel Rewards 3.5k; Bank of A Platinum Visa 2k; Barclay Apple Rewards 2k. Total Credit: 66,200. 7/2-FICO: EQ - 788; TU - 777; EX - 690; Utilization: 12%; GOAL: 780 across the board then 800 across the board. Inquiries: EQ: 5 TU: 6; EX 3; Chapter 13 seven years May, 2015. Reset my garden date to 6/27. Gardening until further notice.

Message 18 of 34
SOGGIE
Valued Contributor

Good job Roseyk! Congrats!
Life was a lot simpler when what we honored was father and mother, rather than all major credit cards. ~Robert Orben
Message 19 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@taxi818 wrote:

It may have been incorrect in your case, but it is not incorrect in the case of many other people who've applied for the card.

Message 20 of 34
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.