Did you mean: 

Sportsman Guide Visa Approval!!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Sportsman Guide Visa Approval!!!

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Ok, I was bored, browsing the Comenity Sites where they offer Visa accounts.  I went to the Sportsman Guide, put a couple of items in my cart, went to check out as a guest, guess what, a pre approval for their Visa card.  I entered the last 4 digits of my SS, DOB and income and when I pressed enter, I was approved.  It didn't tell me my limit, however, I went into Comenity's website, got the number and called....$2500.00!   Wow too easy and a soft pull at that!   My credit score is hovering close to 700. If that helps.

Thanks members for all the great information on this board! So valuable!  I hope sharing my success will help others!

Congrats!

Did this ever result in a HP?

No it was definitely a SP and it has been almost 7 weeks now.  I read a few threads recently where it was a soft pull on the Sportsman Guide Visa.  

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Ok, I was bored, browsing the Comenity Sites where they offer Visa accounts.  I went to the Sportsman Guide, put a couple of items in my cart, went to check out as a guest, guess what, a pre approval for their Visa card.  I entered the last 4 digits of my SS, DOB and income and when I pressed enter, I was approved.  It didn't tell me my limit, however, I went into Comenity's website, got the number and called....$2500.00!   Wow too easy and a soft pull at that!   My credit score is hovering close to 700. If that helps.

Thanks members for all the great information on this board! So valuable!  I hope sharing my success will help others!

Congrats!

Message 31 of 34
castor4072
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Congrats!

No it was definitely a SP and it has been almost 7 weeks now.  I read a few threads recently where it was a soft pull on the Sportsman Guide Visa.  

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Congrats!

+1

No hard pull, approved 2 monts ago....SP!

Message 32 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can't get it to pop up.....I'm on a Mac using safari, does that make a difference? 

Message 33 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Can't get it to pop up.....I'm on a Mac using safari, does that make a difference? 

I was on Safari on my IPad when it popped up for me.  What is your Equifax score?  I ask because I was able to get every pop up I went after in early July when my Eq score was 694.  Due to my app spree it took my EQ score down to 650 and pop ups are far and few between now ( for other Comenity Visa apps). You do at times have to keep trying and sometimes clear your history.  All the Comenity Visa cards are Hp with the exception of Sportmans Guide  in which was a SP.  Many people that were recently approved are still reporting a SP.  Good Luck!  

Message 34 of 34
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.