Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Successful week in CLI's **Cap One Exec Office Update 3/16**

tag
atarvuzdar
Established Contributor

Successful week in CLI's **Cap One Exec Office Update 3/16**

Had a pretty successful week in CLI's.

Started off by requesting a CLI online for the Amazon store card. $800 --> $1000. I know, I know... I should've called GE Credit Solutions...

Then emailed the CapOne CEO, got a call from the EO in return and I requested $3000 limits on both of my cards, and they countered with:

No Hassel Rewards $750 --> $1500

Platinum $500 --> $1500

(First ever success for me with the EO for any of my gripes, by the way)

Then called GE Credit Solutions for an increase on my Lowe's card. Requested to go from $500 to $2000 and was outright denied a CLI with no counter offer  Smiley Surprised  ... so then I logged into my Lowe's account online and clicked the luv button, entered my salary, and instant approval for $1500 limit... odd, but not going to complain at all since it and the two CapOnes are now my two highest CL's (sad to say, but it's still better than before).

FICO 8: EQ 846 / TU 836 / EX 832
AMEX Platinum / BofA Cash Rewards Visa Sig $99,900 / Chase CSR $43,400 / Citi Double Cash $39,600 / AMEX EveryDay $30,000 / Discover It $26,000 / Gemini $25,000 / JetBlue $25,000 / Chase Freedom Unlimited $22,500
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: Successful week in CLI's

great news congrats

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 2 of 11
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Message 3 of 11
Epcot
Valued Contributor

Congrats on the increases!

Starting Score: EQ 717 EX 724 TU 736
Current Score: EQ 849 EX 835 TU 841
Message 4 of 11
ObeyJohnny12
Established Contributor

Nice, congrats! Find it odd that you couldn't get an increase via phone but did through online.
Wells Fargo Secured - 7k
Opensky - 5k
Rebuilding One Day At A Time.
Message 5 of 11
Bubbles81

Congrats!!!! Any increase is good news!!! Lol
Message 6 of 11
atarvuzdar
Established Contributor

@ObeyJohnny12 wrote:
Nice, congrats! Find it odd that you couldn't get an increase via phone but did through online.

Yeah, I thought that was weird, too. When I was talking to the analyst and she said I was outright denied it sounded a little off to me since all of my other GE accounts have received at least a small increase since opening them all in September. My Lowe's had never received an increase, though. So my gut told me to just check out the luv button. Lo and behold, my gut was right!

AMEX Platinum / BofA Cash Rewards Visa Sig $99,900 / Chase CSR $43,400 / Citi Double Cash $39,600 / AMEX EveryDay $30,000 / Discover It $26,000 / Gemini $25,000 / JetBlue $25,000 / Chase Freedom Unlimited $22,500
Message 7 of 11
atarvuzdar
Established Contributor

**Update**

Along with my CLI request from Cap One EO I had also requested a refund of my last annual fee for each of my two cards--I logged into my account today and there was an account credit on each card that equated to EVERY annual fee I've ever paid! $195 in fees have been refunded even though I only asked for the last year's fees!

Message 8 of 11
WarJar101
Frequent Contributor

@atarvuzdar wrote:

**Update**

Along with my CLI request from Cap One EO I had also requested a refund of my last annual fee for each of my two cards--I logged into my account today and there was an account credit on each card that equated to EVERY annual fee I've ever paid! $195 in fees have been refunded even though I only asked for the last year's fees!

Wait a second, why did you request a refund of your last annual fee?  And how did you manage to pull it off in the email (wording-wise)? Educate me please...and congrats!

Rebuilding...been out of the game for a minute. Now, after suffering I'm back with greater wisdom. Scores: Currently @ around 6 teens to 20's, across all three EQ,TU, EX
Message 9 of 11
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Re: Successful week in CLI's **Cap One Exec Office Update 3/16**

CONGRATS on the APR refunds and CLI's!!!

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.