Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Synchrony Sam's Club WEMC CLI

tag
Jordan23ww
Valued Contributor

Synchrony Sam's Club WEMC CLI

After reading so many posts about Synchrony's CLI's I wasn't sure exactly when I'd be eligible. Some posts state at 4 months, others at 6 months and some after the 4th statement cuts. After also reading that the Sam's Club card has been capped at $10K for people when they asked online I decided against asking in the app or online. I called Synchrony's Credit Solutions today at 1-877-379-8173 to inquire about when I would be eligible to receive a limit increase. After speaking with the rep and verifying some info they said I am currently eligible would I like to submit a request. After confiriming it would be a soft pull with the rep I proceeded. 

The rep asked for my gross income instead of net. I remember when I applied for the card they specifically wanted net income. I asked for my  limit to be increased from $8000 to my desired goal amount of $25,000. The rep said that I had been partially approved for a new limit of $16,000, which I gladly accepted.

I opened the card on July 11, which was 113 days ago. Account will be 4 months old in 10 more days on 11/11. I have received 4 statements. I have been PIF each month. Usually spend on the card each month has been $200 to $300 with exception of July when I spent an additional $980 on tires. My current Transunion Fico 8 score is 770, but the score they provide me on the Sam's Club app is a Vantage Score 4.0 and it is 829 out of 850. Not sure which score they used today. It was indeed a soft pull today also.  I am 1/6, 4/12, and 4/24 currently on new accounts and I have 2 inquiries on Transunion (one from July 11 with Synchrony and one that will drop off next week by Goldman Sachs from my Apple Card application in November 2020).   

14 REPLIES 14
sto0pyd
Regular Contributor

Re: Synchrony Sam's Club WEMC CLI

Congrats! Is CS still the preferred route to ask for a CLI? I was under the impression that they now use the same model whether you ask online or speak to CS.

I've had my card for a little less than a year. My card started with a limit of $2,500, and I think that it was started so low was due to my Experian being frozen. I was also given the highest APR on the card. They tried pulling Experian first, then they pulled Transunion. I was surprised I got approved since they'll usually deny an application if they are not able to pull a report from any of the bureaus. I assumed that my limit was as low as it was due to the frozen report. I got a CLI after 5 months and it bumped it up to $5k. I've been trying every month to get another CLI and have failed.

I have other Synchrony issued cards with higher limits (Venmo @ $20k with the lowest APR, and Paypal @ $20k which also has their lowest APR).

Message 2 of 15
CYBERSAM
Senior Contributor

Congrats on your Sam's Club WEMC CLI 🤑👍

Message 3 of 15
Pway
Valued Contributor

Congrats Smiley Happy

Thank you for the wealth of knowledge I have learned from these forums. I am logging off as of November 9, 2022. I wish everyone great success.
Message 4 of 15
KingRue8500
Senior Contributor

Congrats on your Sam's Club WEMC CLI

Message 5 of 15
cashorcharge
Community Leader
Super Contributor

WooHoo!! Congratulations on your SYNC Approval!!👏🏼🍾🥂

Message 6 of 15
CreditAggie
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Congratulations on your Sam's Club CLI!

Current Cards (in order of approval):

Current FICO 8 | 9 (April 2024):  
Credit Age:  
Inquiries (6/12/24):  
Banks & CUs:

Message 7 of 15
Jordan23ww
Valued Contributor

@CYBERSAM wrote:

Congrats on your Sam's Club WEMC CLI 🤑👍

@CYBERSAM  Thank you! 

Message 8 of 15
Jordan23ww
Valued Contributor

@Pway wrote:

Congrats Smiley Happy

@Pway  Thank you!

Message 9 of 15
Jordan23ww
Valued Contributor

@KingRue8500 wrote:

Congrats on your Sam's Club WEMC CLI

@KingRue8500  Thank you!

Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.