Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Target CLI!

tag
Isha82
Valued Member

Target CLI!

Well wonders never cease. When I went and my little app spree last Sept/Oct I was approved for the Target Credit Card. With a credit limit of $300 (lowest of any of my cards). I thought ho hum it will grow but I had heard that some people have had the card forever now and have never recieved an increase so I kinda grew to accept that this would be my faith. Received my monthly e mail that my statement was ready to view and logged on knowing I only had about a $50 balance on there to find the following message:

Credit Limit Increased

Congratulations! To show how much we appreciate the effort you put into keeping your account in good standing, we've raised your credit limit. Your new limit -- you can see it on this statement -- is in effect now, so you can start taking advantage of your new spending power right away. Thanks for using your REDcard!

Soooo I have gone from $300 to....wait for it....$800! LOL not a big jump but good enough. I know it will grow over the years and i'm fine with that. Seems like my week 3 new card approvals and now this Smiley Happy. Just thought i'd share!
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: Target CLI!

Congrats, getting a cli from Target seems to be like if you were able to get a Chase card being over 5/24 lol. Enjoy it and ke4p it upSmiley Wink
Message 2 of 6
Isha82
Valued Member

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
Congrats, getting a cli from Target seems to be like if you were able to get a Chase card being over 5/24 lol. Enjoy it and ke4p it upSmiley Wink

What does 5/24 mean? LOL

Message 3 of 6
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

For certain Chase cards, you can not have opened more then 5 new account in the last 24 months

>3/2016 EX 644 CK-TU 642 CK-EQ 660 WalMart- 671.
>5/2023 All 3 reports 840ish (F8) F9s = 850 but my app finger is still twitching
Message 4 of 6
thummel
Established Contributor

Congrats on the target cli! Those are indeed on the rare side.
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations Isha82 on your Target auto cli! 🙂
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.