cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Uber Visa Approval Low SL

Your FICO® Scores can impact your loan interest rates, terms, approvals and more.
Valued Member

Uber Visa Approval Low SL

I am gardening and applied for this card almost a month ago. They asked me to send in verification documents. I mailed it to them and then the holidays rolled around. When I would check my status it kept saying under review the first week and then it said it couldn't be approved. When I called them a week ago they said my application was still being reviewed.

So tonight I called and after being on hold forever I was approved for $600 SL. I am thrilled for the approval but disappointed with the SL (lowest SL by far). I believe they pulled TU and at the time of application it was 730. I tried to ask for a CLI and was questioned about my income and thin file. I was denied the CLI. Should I try the CLI again once I have the card or just wait 6 months? Overall I'm very happy I got in and will continue to garden.
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Established Contributor

Re: Uber Visa Approval Low SL

Without knowing more of your DP's, I would say garden for a little while, use the card, PIF every month then have another go 6 to 8 months down the road.
Did they by chance happen to say they would be sending a letter to let you know why the CLI was declined?
Best of luck for the future.

~~ Former Royal Navy Submariner - Proud to have served ~~
Message 2 of 9
Senior Contributor

Yeah, Barclay is a tough nut to crack.  Congrats!

A year ago, I had to provide all manner of documentation to get the Ring, and my TU was 780-something.

I'd echo Priory Man's suggestions 

2019 Goals: actually garden; save 3 months' net income; clear the BT cards
2020 Goal: Chase Freedom (Q2)

EQ8149 INQ (5 CC, 2 mort, phone, CU)
EX81210 INQ (6 CC, 2 HELoan, 2 mort)
TU8298 INQ (6 CC, 2 mort)
9/24 < 2% AAoA 6.25y | AoYA 1m | AoOA 20y
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge [ Last INQ 5-Mar-2019 ]
Watching others garden.
Message 3 of 9
New Contributor

Congratulations on the approval. it's better than a denial even with the small CL, it will grow with good use.

Good luck!

We live and learn!
Message 4 of 9
Senior Contributor

Congrats on your approval !!!

3-2019 / Fico 8 EX 802 , EQ 803 , TR 805
Amex ED 22k , CSP 17k , Discover iT 12.5k , Fifth Third Bank S2C 12k , BofA Cash Rewards 10k , Avianca Vida 10k , State Farm Good Neighbor Visa 10k , Citi DD 6k , Union Bank Rewards 5k
Message 5 of 9
Frequent Contributor

Congrats on your approval! You're in! That's all that matters Smiley Happy Good use it will grow.

SspW.gif

4/14/18 EQ: 653 TU: 666 EX: 669

9/29/18 EQ:729 EX:712 TU: 715

Message 6 of 9
Established Contributor

Congrats on your Uber Visa approval! Smiley Happy

Currently: Gardening since 12/18/2018

FICO 8 [01/2016]
FICO 8 [03/2019]
GOAL: FICO 8: 760 across the board by 2/2020!
Message 7 of 9
Valued Contributor

Congratulations on your approval!

Starting Scores FICO 8 (Feb '18):
EX- 519, TU- 530, EQ- 545

Current Scores

Message 8 of 9
Valued Member

Yes and the letter stated the same thing they said over the phone. I need more credit history.
Message 9 of 9