Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Uber by Barclays result

tag
dsotm76
Frequent Contributor

Uber by Barclays result

Hi everyone!

So, I figured with my high TU score, I would apply for the Uber Barclays card and end my applying for a little while after getting the BCE Amex and the DC by Citi.  I filled everything out and it went to pended for 10 days.  I also, at the same time, received a decline email.  I was very disheartened since I sought this one for the meals percentage and the TU pull.

But, once again this board has been amazing!  I used the backdoor number for the credit analyst at Barclays and did a recon.  Steve was very kind, let me know it was because of my short credit history, and asked some really good questions about income, employment, and why I waited until 2015 to start with my credit.  I explained to him that I had a bank account with my PayPal debit drawing off of it that gave me 1%, which I thought was pretty good until I went to a credit building seminar that talked about rewards cards and getting the most bang for your buck.  He was very nice to overturn the computer's decision.  While the $500 SL isn't much, he said to keep on my path and that would grow.  I can ask later for increases after showing them how I manage my new card.  This is definitely going to be my food card!!

DP - TU = 762 (which Steve confirmed), 37K income, 21% Util reporting at the moment (will drop once new cards report).  

I would have never known to recon or had the guts to try without this board.  Thank you all so much for everything!!  YOU ROCK!!!!

And if anyone has tips with Barclays, please feel free to share.  I've never used them before.

BCE AMEX ($16200) - Citi DC ($11600) - Chase Sapphire Preferred ($10200) - Nordstrom Visa Signature ($10000) - Best Buy Citi Visa ($9950) - Chase Freedom Flex ($7700) - NHL Discover IT ($7000) - Apple Card ($6000) - Delta Gold AMEX ($6000) - Hilton Honors AMEX ($5000) - Barclay View ($5000)

Closed - Capital One Secured ($500) - It is not in my wallet. :-) - Sony/Sync ($2400)

Goal - To get in with Chase. Smiley Very Happy (ACHIEVED!)
Message 1 of 20
19 REPLIES 19
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: Uber by Barclays result

Congrats on your reconSmiley Happy

Tip one, dont get a bunch of cards near this approval. Sir Barclays is a jealous lover who will take back their present if they feel slighted in the leastSmiley Wink
Message 2 of 20
dsotm76
Frequent Contributor

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:

Tip one, dont get a bunch of cards near this approval. Sir Barclays is a jealous lover who will take back their present if they feel slighted in the leastSmiley Wink

Oh, I'm going to garden for a while, especially until my Auto INQs fall off.  That EQ INQ of 13 isn't sitting well with me.  I'm content with my three new ones and have it mapped out who gets spent where with what rewards.  Smiley Very Happy  Thanks for that awesome heads up though.  

BCE AMEX ($16200) - Citi DC ($11600) - Chase Sapphire Preferred ($10200) - Nordstrom Visa Signature ($10000) - Best Buy Citi Visa ($9950) - Chase Freedom Flex ($7700) - NHL Discover IT ($7000) - Apple Card ($6000) - Delta Gold AMEX ($6000) - Hilton Honors AMEX ($5000) - Barclay View ($5000)

Closed - Capital One Secured ($500) - It is not in my wallet. :-) - Sony/Sync ($2400)

Message 3 of 20
fltireguy
Valued Contributor

+1 to what AJC said

They can be strange,  They love my GF that uses them for 0% BT offers and goes to 85% util with them with no ill effects.. time after time.. never really used the card other than for that purpose.....   And then there is me, who had them as the jealous lover.. I ran 10-12% util and I got a CLD because they didnt like the fact that I had opened a bunch of new accts... LOL

NFCU $60.4k/PenFed $22.5k/Commerce $15K/53 $11K/Synovus $14K/BBT $11K/CapOne $12K/DCU $7.5K/BMO $7.5K/Chase $14.5k/Cabelas $10K/ and many many more!
Total CL $398600, plus car and RV loan.
Ooh. Ooh. Getting closer to that $500K mark!
Message 4 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats.. Way to utilize that recon feature.  Keep it up. 

Message 5 of 20
dsotm76
Frequent Contributor

@fltireguy wrote:

+1 to what AJC said

They can be strange,  They love my GF that uses them for 0% BT offers and goes to 85% util with them with no ill effects.. time after time.. never really used the card other than for that purpose.....   And then there is me, who had them as the jealous lover.. I ran 10-12% util and I got a CLD because they didnt like the fact that I had opened a bunch of new accts... LOL

I appreciate the feedback.  Fortunately, I opened my AMEX and Citi before them, they just aren't reporting at the moment.  I thought about a store card, but went with this because of how much I dine out.  (Bachelor life, woohoo!)  I don't intend to open any other accounts until some INQ fall off, especially EQ.  Hopefully they will enjoy all the card swipe fees they collect from my dining habits.  :-)

Message 6 of 20
dsotm76
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Congrats.. Way to utilize that recon feature.  Keep it up. 

Thanks!  Let me tell you, that was STRESSFUL!  I hope I don't have to recon anything else for a LONG time, if ever!  SHEESH!  Steve really was incredibly nice though.

Message 7 of 20
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Lol, you say Steve and all i can do is picture the monkey from Cloudy With A Chance of MeatballsSmiley Happy STEEEEVVVVE!!!Smiley Wink
Message 8 of 20
dsotm76
Frequent Contributor

Lol, you say Steve and all i can do is picture the monkey from Cloudy With A Chance of MeatballsSmiley Happy STEEEEVVVVE!!!Smiley Wink

HAHAHAHA!!  Smiley Very Happy  I keep thinking of the line in Steel Magnolias where all gay men are named Mark, Rick, or Steve.  HAHA

Message 9 of 20
dsotm76
Frequent Contributor

Wow, was checking my Experian report and I see where Barclays is already reporting the card with the SL.  I haven't even received it in the mail yet and just applied yesterday!!

Message 10 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.