cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upcoming mini APP/CLI Spree Guidance! - Update: Some Approvals!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Upcoming mini APP/CLI Spree Guidance! - Update: Some Approvals!

2020 is coming to a close! I have successfully raised my scores across all three bureaus over 100 pts in the last 12 months (Fico 8 from 640’s up to 770’s). After my approval for a NFCU Platinum earlier this month I have successfully BT’ed the remainder of my high interest CC debt to 0%. Now I am putting together a plan for a CLI/Consolidation spree for early January when my scores should be completely optimized and my reported DTI and UTI will be at their lowest point until the new NFCU Platinum reports, hopefully not before Jan 16 which will be my 2nd statement.

Currently waiting on US Bank, Citi Simplicity, BECU Visa to report after January 5. This should bring me to AZEO, and I expect a few more points from this. 

I plan on applying with BECU for their low APR Visa to BT my NFCU Personal Loan with a 17.7% APR. I plan on using the same TU HP to request a CLI on my BECU Casback Visa ($1000) and am considering a PLOC as well. This is my primary focus. I was denied 6 months ago for having taken a payment deferral on a personal loan with Lending Club. The deferment remark has been removed and that loan had been PIF with my NFCU Personal Loan.

I will be in the garden for 2 years after this spree, paying off the remainder of my debt to focus on a first mortgage at the end of 2022. I figure now would be a good time to get any other HP’s out of the way. I will also be applying for an AMEX Business Prime. I am unsure if they will use my previous soft pull from Dec 26, or if it will be a fresh SP/HP. Also considering applying for membership with PENFED as I won’t be HP scared.

DTI 16%

UTI 1% AZEO

Inquries TU3/EQ1/EX0

These are all HP CLI’s- I am considering requesting on all of them after applying for the BECU Visa. Any insight on order to request CLI’s?

BECU CB Visa- $0/1000

Chase FU- $0/2200

Chase F -$0/2000

US Bank REI - $20/9500

These are all SP CLI’s. Amex is 5 months out from the next CLI. I will request on all of them as well, forever and ever and ever…

Amazon Sync- $0/6000

Amex BCE- $0/4000

Citi Costco- $0/4460

Citi Simplicity- $0/2230

Cap1 QS -$0/9500

Cap 1 Cabelas -$0/500

Not eleigible for CLI’s for 6 months and 3 months.

NFCU Plat MC- $0/1900

NFCU Plat Visa- $10400/15000 (Not reporting yet- Jan 16)

NFCU Personal Loan- $14000/15000

BECU Auto Loan $7000/13000

Any insight, recommendations, or other feedback on which order I should go about this would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

BECU Visa, BECU CLOC, Discover IT, and some CLI action!

After running back and forth with BECU on a CC app I was approved for my second BECU card, their low APR Visa. Required POI, and some other documentation about a deferment I had taken on a personal loan last year. Approved at $10k SL with 0% BT for 12 months, and then 7.99% after that, their lowest rate! Asked for a bit more so I could comfortably BT a personl loan with NFCU thats at 17%, and they came back with approval on their CLOC for $5k at 10.4%. Unsure yet if I will accept this but leaning towards it now! They also lowered the rate on my used auto loan from 5.5% to 4.1%, so that was nice!

As soon as everything was signed there applied for a Discover to BT the remainder of the loan (had gotten a mailer the other day). Came back approved at $9k instantly with 11.99% APR, 0% on BT's for 14 months. Whew!

Continued on with US Bank to risk the HP for a CLI on me REI WEMC. Did it via the website, instant approval on a SP for $4k, bringing the limit up to $13k. Nice!

UPDATE: CLI Approved after Recon. New limit of $10k!

Feeling good about the last week decided to press my luck and try Chase for a CLI on my Freedom, currently at $2200. Pulled Experian only, came back denied. Boo! Waiting on the letter and will call back for recon. I'm going to guess it's a spend issue or perhaps having that super fresh EX HP. 

That puts me at $28k in new lines for the day! If I include the approvals last week on Citi CLI and Amex Business prime $35k for the week and doubling my total lines in the last month!

Cheers and thanks to everyone here for their help and insight. No more paying interest on unsecured debt for me! Going to be in the garden for a year or so!

BECU - TransUnion Fico 8- 781 - 3 HP 6/12/24 months

Discover - Experian Fico 8- 782 - 0 HP 6/12/24

US Bank - Who knows??

Chase CLI - Experian Fico 8 779 - 1 HP 6/12/24

Message 2 of 14
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Re: BECU Visa, BECU CLOC, Discover IT, and some CLI action!

Congratulations on your CLI and approvals!
Message 3 of 14
mrcraft
Valued Contributor

Congratulations on your approvals and CLI!!

Message 4 of 14
cashorcharge
Community Leader
Super Contributor

And just like that.....all in a days work!  Congratulations on your multitude of approvals!!!

Message 5 of 14
CreditAggie
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Congratulations on your approvals and CLI!

Current Cards (in order of approval):

Current FICO 8 | 9 (April 2024):  
Credit Age:  
Inquiries (6/12/24):  
Banks & CUs:

Message 6 of 14
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Congratulations!

Message 7 of 14
Credit4Growth
Senior Contributor

That sound like a very good round.

💥 Congratulations on your approvals!

20200916_184006.gif

Message 8 of 14
Mr_Mojo_Risin
Senior Contributor

Man that's a lot of action, I love it!! 

Congrats on your success, Cheers!!

NFCU More Rewards 28K CL
NFCU Cash Rewards 16K CL
Citi Custom Cash 7.5K CL
AODFCU Visa Sig 5K CL
Discover IT 2.5K CL
Capital One QS 3600 CL
Message 9 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks all!

And an update: Called Chase for Recon after receving the letter and was approved for $7800 CLI after review, bringing my Chase Freedom to $10k! Might give a call back and suffer 2 more HP's for the FU!

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.