Did you mean: 

Why, Hello Amex

tag
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

Re: Why, Hello Amex

@Brian_Earl_Spilner wrote:

@K-in-Boston wrote:
Welcome SkyMiles member, and thank you for flying Delta. Seriously, this is awesome news. Welcome to the Amex family and great job on your rebuild! MQMs and MQDs only come into play if you’re going for elite status, but you should have picked up enough of that through osmosis in the Garden Club.

No, I won't be going for any of that. I tried to make an account, but I guess I have to wait until my new card gets here?

If you didn’t enter a SkyMiles number in the application, one will be automatically generated for you. They’re printed directly on the card.

Message 21 of 53
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

@Brian_Earl_Spilner if you meant Amex account (I originally read it as SkyMiles account), you should be able to create one with the temporary card number they gave you.  If not, you'll need to wait until the card arrives (which should be fast).  If you already had an existing account, you can use chat - for some reason there's sometimes a weird bug where you can't add the Delta cards; DW and I are 0 for 4 on a pair of Reserves, a Platinum, and a Gold, for being able to just add them to our Amex accounts.

Message 22 of 53
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

@K-in-Boston wrote:

@Brian_Earl_Spilner if you meant Amex account (I originally read it as SkyMiles account), you should be able to create one with the temporary card number they gave you.  If not, you'll need to wait until the card arrives (which should be fast).  If you already had an existing account, you can use chat - for some reason there's sometimes a weird bug where you can't add the Delta cards; DW and I are 0 for 4 on a pair of Reserves, a Platinum, and a Gold, for being able to just add them to our Amex accounts.

I wasn't able to with the temporary number. I'll try again later today.

Message 23 of 53
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

The welcome email is always hit and miss it seems.  I got my "Congratulations" email right away, yet DW never got one.  I wasn't able to add my account on day one, but could on day two.  Had to use Chat for DW's on day two to have it added.

Message 24 of 53
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow, truly inspiring! Congratulations on your success! PayPal with a 598 TU, and now you're walking with the big dogs in the AMEX playground.

It's nothing but continued growth from here. Best wishes!

Message 25 of 53
Anonymous
Not applicable

@K-in-Boston wrote:

You cannot create an American Express account using a temporary card number because the CID (the 4-digit number printed on the front) on the temporary card is different from the CID on the physical card.  You have to wait until you have the actual card in hand to open an account.

The only workaround I'm aware of is that if you have another Amex card you can call them, and they will use the CID from that card to add a new card that has not yet arrived to your account; but that wouldn't seem to apply in your situation.

Message 26 of 53
Anonymous
Not applicable

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
Haha, absoultely super happy for you BrianSmiley Happy. Broke out in a huge grin reading this. No better feeling when that wheel keeps spining. You sit there like no way, wtfico, holy crap, what is happening? Lol, if you havent been blacklisted you cant understand the feeling Smiley Wink

Welcome back to Amex and i hope you finished that beerSmiley Happy🍺🍺🥓🥓🥓🥓

AJC...I must be hungry.  That looks a lot like bacon after the beers.  I like beer but I REALLY love bacon. :-) (Sorry for the distraction)

Message 27 of 53
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats Buddy🥓🥓🥓🍾🎊🎉🎈. Very proud of your accomplishments. SKYs the limit. 

Message 28 of 53
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

@K-in-Boston wrote:

You cannot create an American Express account using a temporary card number because the CID (the 4-digit number printed on the front) on the temporary card is different from the CID on the physical card.  You have to wait until you have the actual card in hand to open an account.

The only workaround I'm aware of is that if you have another Amex card you can call them, and they will use the CID from that card to add a new card that has not yet arrived to your account; but that wouldn't seem to apply in your situation.

I was able to on my Delta Reserve the day after I was approved by clicking through the link in the congratulations email the day after approval (failed the day of) and using the temporary CID. DW was not so we had to use chat.

Message 29 of 53
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your Amex Delta Gold approval and getting back in with Amex! Smiley Very Happy

Message 30 of 53
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.