Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Woohoo! Approved for BCP

tag
zeusta20
Established Contributor

Re: Woohoo! Approved for BCP

I can tell! Amex is very weird. I'll just wait until my new cards are reporting for a few months, then try again. We'll see.... :-/

Bank of America Cash Rewards Visa Sig-15k
Chase Sapphire Reserve Visa Infinite-10k
Chase Freedom-4k
1st Financial Bank USA-11.4k
USAA Amex-7.5k
USAA Visa Sig-7k
Citi Thank you Preferred-4.8k
Citi Diamond-2k
Amex Gold-NPSL

FICO8-11/2017
EX: 737
EQ: 722
TU: 735
Message 41 of 46
Radek7752
Contributor

Best of luck when you do! It's a great feeling to finally get it.

BoA: Virgin Atlantic World Elite Mastercard
Chase: Sapphire Preferred (WMC)/Freedom/Amazon/Auto Loan (41k)
Citi: Thank You Preferred/Forward/Simplicity
AmEx: Zync/Blue Cash/Starwood Preferred
Discover: IT
GE: JCP/Walmart Discover
Message 42 of 46
fittiger
Frequent Contributor

"I ended up taking an alternative route for my BCE. I applied for the Gold Delta Skymiles and after a few weeks I called Amex and had no trouble converting it to the BCE. The call itself probably took 3 minutes. The letter said my EXP score was 701 at the time, but I didn't want to risk a denial. I hear they can be sticklers with the BCE/BCP."

You can PC a delta Gold to a BCE/BCP? How quickly? Did you get to keep the sky miles bonus?
Message 43 of 46
Radek7752
Contributor

@fittiger wrote:
"I ended up taking an alternative route for my BCE. I applied for the Gold Delta Skymiles and after a few weeks I called Amex and had no trouble converting it to the BCE. The call itself probably took 3 minutes. The letter said my EXP score was 701 at the time, but I didn't want to risk a denial. I hear they can be sticklers with the BCE/BCP."

You can PC a delta Gold to a BCE/BCP? How quickly?

Yes you can because I was able to. They kept the same interest rate as my Gold Delta, as well as its credit limit and account number. That was for the BCE; I'm not sure how the Card Act would affect converting to a BCP. I called literally a few weeks after applying in January (to maximize backdating) and the rep had the conversion done easily.

Message 44 of 46
fittiger
Frequent Contributor

What reason did you give for wanting to PC?

Did you get to keep your Delta miles bonus.

This situation would be a win/win for me. Supposedly easier underwriting criteria, but I'd rather a BCE(P) than the Delta card, but the Delta bonus is better.
Message 45 of 46
Radek7752
Contributor

@fittiger wrote:
What reason did you give for wanting to PC?

Did you get to keep your Delta miles bonus.

This situation would be a win/win for me. Supposedly easier underwriting criteria, but I'd rather a BCE(P) than the Delta card, but the Delta bonus is better.

I stated that the BCE would suit my needs better than the Delta Gold and the rep was understanding. Yes, I still have the Skymiles number and when I log in on Delta's site the miles are there. I would recommend waiting until you fulfill the terms of the sign up bonus before PC'ing. I am convinced the underwriting criteria is easier for the Delta Gold after the stories I have read on these forums. Just like how there's backdoor numbers to get results, there's also backdoor methods, such as with Amex revolvers. I had my Zync for a little over 2 years when I applied.

Message 46 of 46
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.