Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX Blacklist and Their Prepaid Card

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

AMEX Blacklist and Their Prepaid Card

This is my first post on this forum but I have spent much time over at Mod Cut.  Much props to FlyingIFR and Pysch Doc!!!  And ofcourse everyone here as well.

Qestion for the Amex gurus:

Does AMEX check their blacklist database before issueing a prepaid card?

Before everyone starts asking why I want one....I just do.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: AMEX Blacklist and Their Prepaid Card

@Anonymous wrote:

This is my first post on this forum but I have spent much time over at Mod Cut.  Much props to FlyingIFR and Pysch Doc!!!  And ofcourse everyone here as well.

Qestion for the Amex gurus:

Does AMEX check their blacklist database before issueing a prepaid card?

Before everyone starts asking why I want one....I just do.

Welcome!

I doubt it, there's no way AMEX can get burned by issuing a prepaid card.

Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the reply.  I had 3 charged off accounts about 9 years ago.  Since they ask for a SSN I thought they may check it against their database for any prior accounts.  Thanks again for the reply.

Message 3 of 7
john398
Senior Contributor

There prepaid card email I got said no credit check so it will not affect your credit, so even  if  you do get declined I see no risk

Message 4 of 7
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Also with Amex... the black list seems to go away at some point... Every year or so I apply for a card to see... it kicks back a decline usually within 5 or so minutes... I did it last month and it went to processing instead of instant decline and I almost choked with the thought "Possibly!"

I however have had no trouble being auth on others cards again... I had been kicked off my fathers optima in 2007 but then just a few months later was able to get added onto other accounts...

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks for the reply.  I had 3 charged off accounts about 9 years ago.  Since they ask for a SSN I thought they may check it against their database for any prior accounts.  Thanks again for the reply.

I didn't know they asked for a SSN.  Maybe they want to make sure they are only giving prepaid cards to US Citizens.

Message 6 of 7
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

You do not have to be a US citizen, but they are required to verify your identity per the Patriot Act, anti-money laundering laws etc, blah blah blah....

They won't pull your credit for this product but they do have to know who you are.

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.